Does Anyone Know Anything About Cupcakes Take The Cake Blog?

Decorating By luvbuttercream Updated 11 Mar 2010 , 7:57pm by luvbuttercream

luvbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbuttercream Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 9:31pm
post #1 of 11

I was recently featured in Cupcakes Take the Cake blogspot. I wasn't asked although I added the picture to a group of theirs on Flickr. i also don't mind. But I was curious if anyone knew much about this blog? I was told it is a big deal to be on there but I also don't really know much about it. Or what they do. Any info would be helpful. Here is the link to the blog. Thank You!

http://cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com/2010/03/10-chocolate-cupcakes-with-flowers.html

10 replies
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 1:53pm
post #2 of 11

Not a blog that I follow, but looked professional enough. I also would not worry about it if she gave you credit...now if someone tries to pass off your work as their own it would be a big deal.

Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 2:10pm
post #3 of 11

I read that blog all of the time! It's very popular, you should take it as a compliment. icon_biggrin.gif

I noticed the owners often surf Flickr and like to post things that appeal to them with proper credit given. I guess they assume if you have the photo public, it's okay to use it with your name!

They've had many "celebrity" bloggers on their site. Do you follow bakerella? She's the queen of cake pops and became even more "famous" when the pioneer woman featured Bakerella on her super fast growing blog.

FierceConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FierceConfections Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 2:21pm
post #4 of 11

It's a huge deal! You should feel flattered! thumbs_up.gif

luvbuttercream Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 2:43pm
post #5 of 11

I should of made it more evident I wasn't concerned about stealing credit I knew they posted a link to my page. icon_smile.gif I was just not sure what they posted them up for?? If it was just to share or what the intention was all I was wondering thank you all for your responses

Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 3:57pm
post #6 of 11

I guess the chocolate swirls and flower additions caught their eye! They post pics of cupcakes every single day and there isn't always a "reason" they chose one or a theme for that day. icon_biggrin.gif

Now you can add that press to your background for future sales. thumbs_up.gif

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 4:11pm
post #7 of 11

I subscribe to their blog, although I don't often have time to read it. I get emails from them at least once a day. They seem to be very popular.

jennywenny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennywenny Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 4:26pm
post #8 of 11

I post lots of pictures of my cupcakes onto their flickr pool and have been featured a couple of times. Its always a bit annoying that they somehow find the photos of cakes I'm not overly happy with and never seem to feature the ones I'm over the moon about!

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 4:28pm
post #9 of 11

I don't use flickr- maybe I should start using it. LOL

Kpow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kpow Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 7:09pm
post #10 of 11

I read Cupcakes Take the Cake daily. It's a VERY popular cupcake photo/info site. The women in New York that run it keep on top of all-things-cupcake nationally -- all the new shops opening, cupcake "camps" and "meet-ups" all over the country. And posting photos in their Flickr group (which I also look at daily -- very inspirational!) can get even home bakers mentioned on the blog. If you're a cupcaker, it's a great resource.

luvbuttercream Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 7:57pm
post #11 of 11

Thank you all for your input!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%