Broken Windshield?

Decorating By AfordRN Updated 10 Mar 2010 , 3:38am by cakesrock

AfordRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AfordRN Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 9:23pm
post #1 of 5

I have been asked to do a cake for a friends hubby, and he owns an autobody shop. She wants something related to autobody......and all I could come up with is a sheet cake that would look like a windshield with a crack in it. Oh, and I really have no idea how I would go about making it look like that! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA

4 replies
audrey0522 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
audrey0522 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 9:37pm
post #2 of 5

How about a car with a fender or door coming off, dented in, or missing all together?

shapeacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shapeacake Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 9:42pm
post #3 of 5

I'm wondering if you just make a standard car cake, and then maybe you could make a windshield by making sugar glass. If you cook it a little longer, it will start to lose its transparency. While it's cooling, you could add a crack. Then just prop it up / place it on your car cake.

Good luck!

Kate

AfordRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AfordRN Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 2:48am
post #4 of 5

Good ideas! Working on a very small budget however. I'm gonna think about the sugar windshield some more! Might be able to do something with that. I'm thinking broken glass?

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 3:38am
post #5 of 5

You could use a gelatin sheet or edible varnish (in recipes) for the windshield. A little easier and economical icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%