Best Feedback Ever! (Pic May Not Be Appropriate For Children

Lounge By smab109 Updated 13 Mar 2010 , 11:06pm by JanH

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 6:58pm
post #61 of 87

Is this the right forum for this thread? Just wondering...I'd expect this to be in the adult forum... Got a shock when I opened it...guess I expected a horror theme or something like that.... Live an learn. icon_smile.gif

traceyjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceyjade Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 7:21pm
post #62 of 87

Haha my name would be Puffy Forestwood....LMAO

traceyjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceyjade Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 7:23pm
post #63 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by VannaD

BIGNASTY MILES!!!!! icon_cry.gif (im dying over here)

Mine would be "Binky Jay Jay", a little odd, not at all enticing....

Ok if it was Binky Va Jay Jay icon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 7:30pm
post #64 of 87

Tyger Lakewood here. icon_lol.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 8:27pm
post #65 of 87

Seems like they move the threads that really don't make a difference where they are but leave something like this under "Cake Decorating Business".............I don't get it!

kellertur Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 11:43pm
post #66 of 87

I think it would have been nice for someone to atleast acknowledge my post and just answer my question....That's the whole reason I keep checking this thread. icon_confused.gif

I guess it doesn't matter... moving on. icon_smile.gif

Mabma80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mabma80 Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 12:26am
post #67 of 87

NICE! The feedback, not the girl's booty. HAHAHAHA!!

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 12:50am
post #68 of 87

This probably should be posted in the Lounge.

BUT the OP started this thread about an email she got about her Cake Business. We can't always control what direction a thread will go.

It distinctly says in the title (may not be appropriate for children.

I don't know what has happened lately, but this thread was not being mean, critisizing, or trying to incite any negative reactions.

I am sorry if anyone was offended. We all have the ability to not respond or partake in conversations that are not appealing to us individualy, or that do not coincide with our own particular likes or dislikes.

I understand how people could be upset because they think there may be some rules applied to some and not to others, but I am sure that is nobodys intention.

Do we really want to belong to a community where we have to feel like "Oh I would like to post to this thread but I won't , because someone is going to be upset" I think we would see a huge decline in post responses . After all we are all here to make friends , have fun, burn off some stress, vent , and learn.

I have made some awesome friends here and hope to make more, So it would be nice if we all tried to lighten up a little and not make everything a criminal offense.

" Do not ask the world to change. " ..Buddha..

Much Love to all.......

P.S. I agree that If thread is going to continue in this direction it should be moved.

davespeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
davespeg Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 1:00am
post #69 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyjade

Quote:
Originally Posted by VannaD

BIGNASTY MILES!!!!! icon_cry.gif (im dying over here)

Mine would be "Binky Jay Jay", a little odd, not at all enticing....

Ok if it was Binky Va Jay Jay icon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

I think I just wet myself from laughing. can I say that without being banished icon_confused.gif )icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

kellertur Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 1:10am
post #70 of 87

I wasn't offended, I just was wondering why a photo of someone's butt was on a regular thread... I was also a bit surprised that some of this language was in the business forum...when it belongs (in my opinion) someplace where children can't wonder in or other unsuspecting people who would rather NOT see the g-string. And how would people feel if a man had made those comments? icon_confused.gif

Some of my closest CC friends were banned for "upsetting people"...so I agree people can get wound too tight sometimes.
I agree, nothing was getting mean or criticizing... I don't believe anyone said it was. icon_confused.gif No harm meant... but it was a legitimate question.

Thank you.

edited to fix typos..

tiggy2 Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 1:24am
post #71 of 87

IMO the photo belongs in the adult forum as well as the "P" word. We were just informed the other day by Jan that children are allowed on this site and I just didn't think this thread was appropriate for them. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that's mine......take it or leave it.

JaimeAnn Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 1:28am
post #72 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellertur

I wasn't offended, I just was wondering why a photo of someone's butt was on a regular thread... I was also a bit surprised that some of this language was in the business forum...when it belongs (in my opinion) someplace where children can't wonder in or other unsuspecting people who would rather NOT see the g-string. And how would people feel if a man had made those comments? icon_confused.gif

I agree, nothing was getting mean or criticizing... I don't believe anyone said it was. icon_confused.gif No harm meant... but it was a legitimate question.

Thank you.

I agree , that this should be in another area. icon_redface.gif

Maybe one of the moderators could move it to the appropriate place. thumbs_up.gif

We should all probably be more aware of where the posts are and go to another area with some posts. I think we sometimes just get caught up in the conversation, and forget that there are areas we should or shouldnt post some things.

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 1:45am
post #73 of 87

I was told that posts that are "of interest to and can be answered by non-licensed bakers/decorators" are moved out of the biz forum, this one clearly only applies to legal and licensed bakers so obviously it has remained in the biz section.

tiggy2 Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 1:54am
post #74 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMommyTX

I was told that posts that are "of interest to and can be answered by non-licensed bakers/decorators" are moved out of the biz forum, this one clearly only applies to legal and licensed bakers so obviously it has remained in the biz section.

And what keep kids from reading it?

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 6:45am
post #75 of 87

Seriously, the 'p' word is offensive? It isn't where I am from! Have you never heard the phrase "p----y cat"???

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 6:47am
post #76 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoir

Seriously, the 'p' word is offensive? It isn't where I am from! Have you never heard the phrase "p----y cat"???

It's offensive here, when it refers to female parts rather than a feline.

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 6:52am
post #77 of 87

Ah, okay, so it is contextual.

In that case, I apologise to those offended. I can see how in the context of a stripper's name, that the connotation would be adult in nature. I was just referring to my first pet's name as per the ongoing thread discussion, as she indeed was a cat.

I have noticed that word is on a "black list", but didn't think it was the case on CC :-/

kellertur Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 6:20pm
post #78 of 87

Hi Evoir...it wasn't personal, as I believe it was other member who turned the meaning of the word around, not you. "Fluff" is contexual as well, believe it or not... And the use of other derogatory names for female parts played a part in this as well... but to each his own I suppose. The thread stays I guess.

elliespartycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliespartycake Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 6:37pm
post #79 of 87

Yes indeed...and it's a shame.

jamiekwebb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiekwebb Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 7:04pm
post #80 of 87

Well, I was having a good ol' time reading up till the last page... my goodness people lighten up! She said that it may not be appropriate so that should be warning enough. If you don't want to look than don't. I didn't take offense to "the P word" since I had read the thread a knew it was the name of her pet...... my goodness. If your kids aren't being monitored anyway than shame on you. It's called parental controls and you can set them to keep out pictures! Come on ladies and gents, grow up and have some fun!

Just to keep it going I would be Ginger Walnut!

kellertur Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 9:07pm
post #81 of 87

...again my point:

What if a man had started or perpetuated a thread like this? icon_confused.gif

As for lightening up~ This reminds me alot of the people who feel just because they are a certain religion, they can toss out religious jokes or insults about that religion...

I will leave now...thank you. icon_smile.gif

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 9:16pm
post #82 of 87

All I know is that I have had post moved before for the reason I quoted above (which I forgot to add my sarcastic emoticons on apparently), and yet this one remains.
I don't care that there is a big ole' stripper butt front and center, I have cable I've seen worse, what I don't like is that some posts get moved and some don't.
And why?
It's not as if this one has slipped through the cracks.
I posted about a customer complaint and it was moved because it could be"of interest to and can be answered by non-licensed bakers/decorators"...well this could be as well and yet here it remains.

jamiekwebb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiekwebb Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 9:56pm
post #83 of 87

I wasn't saying that anyone was offended ,just that I wasn't. I have never really payed that much attention to threads being moved so I am sorry if this is a double standard. I know nothing about that. As to the kids and PICTURES, controls can keep pictures from coming up. If it is what was being said than you may have to explain grown up humor to them. As for a man..... well that would be weird but to each his own. I though this was a really fun thread until people began complaining. If the moderator (or whatever they are called here) doesn't think it needs moved than big whoop. I never meant to make people mad. As for the religious thing, I am very religious and jokes about my religion can sometimes be very funny. Life is to short not to laugh at ones self. Toodle loo.

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 9:59pm
post #84 of 87

Can someone just PM JanH and tell her to move this thread so we can all move on and not have to read the same thing over and over? holy crap!

JaimeAnn Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 10:01pm
post #85 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellertur

Hi Evoir...it wasn't personal, as I believe it was other member who turned the meaning of the word around, not you. "Fluff" is contexual as well, believe it or not... And the use of other derogatory names for female parts played a part in this as well... but to each his own I suppose. The thread stays I guess.

If you are referng to me, the meaning of the word was not "turned around" It was and remained , "Your Pets name makes the first name of your STRIPPER name." No "turning it around"

I was not the originator of the topic but I did ask for it to be moved. Now I will go back to the thread about Spaghetti sauce, and will refrain from getting involved in any controversial topics.

What a shame .

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 10:08pm
post #86 of 87

I PMd JanH maybe she'll either move this thread or lock it. Wow! what a mess. I feel terrible for the OP I'm sure she did nto mean to start this.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 11:06pm
post #87 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

Seems like they move the threads that really don't make a difference where they are but leave something like this under "Cake Decorating Business".............I don't get it!

They (emphasis mine) don't read each and every thread - members' input is significant. (Inevitably, a "report bad post" alert will be generated by member/s for a questionable post/thread.)

Moderating for content is an entirely different function than keeping posts organized by forum (which only requires reading subject titles and moving those posts to the appropriate forums).

If any member (at any time) finds any post objectionable (in any forum), all that's necessary to bring the post/thread to the attention of the moderators is to use the "report as bad post" tab (found at the bottom right hand corner of each and every post).

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%