Help I Still Having Troubles With My Fondant

Decorating By glorious455 Updated 24 Mar 2010 , 8:37pm by dalis4joe

glorious455 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glorious455 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 5:51pm
post #1 of 5

what im doing wrong? in my country the tempt are very wet almost time, when i made the cake and cover with fondant dont know why ever get me elephant skin, icon_sad.gif what im doing wrong? i made my own fondant and i made my own butter cream too maybe i made the buttercream to thin? or its when i soft the fondant that maybe i manipulated it a lot? i really dont know what its my mistake but i appreciated if you guys could help me .. thanks

4 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 6:11pm
post #2 of 5

Hi, you have to knead the fondant with a little bit of shortening. Also I would highly recommend Sugarshack's "Flawless Fondan" dvd. icon_smile.gif

glorious455 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glorious455 Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 6:41pm
post #3 of 5

thank you very much for the suggestions bashini ,im gonna try the shortening tip and was looking for sugarshack's video and i think its very interesting and complete so i gonna buy as soon as posible. icon_smile.gif sorry was so late to reply you but i was pretty sick on last month but im on my road again
icon_smile.gif

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 6:57pm
post #4 of 5

You are welcome and hope you are feeling much better now. icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 8:37pm
post #5 of 5

I too sometimes get elephant skin and for the life of me.... I have NO IDEA why some do and some don't... I keand it the same way , roll ot the same way... don't know and wish I could find out why....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%