Q About Airbrushing

Decorating By jayne1873 Updated 9 Mar 2010 , 8:19am by SimplySassyCakes

jayne1873 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayne1873 Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 10:44am
post #1 of 5

I have ordered my airbrush and am impatiently waiting for it to arrive lol.
Anyway questions when airbrushing fondant:

1. You ice cake and then if I wanted to airbrush whole cake do I need to let the fondant dry out for a bit or is it ok to airbrush straight away.
2. How long does the colour tend to take to dry, just roughly, ie do I need to airbrush the whole cake and then leave it till the next day before I decorare.

thanks in advance x

4 replies
MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 1:07pm
post #2 of 5

You can airbrush right away. Make sure you hold the airbrush a little bit further away or the coloring tends to beads up from the shortening used on fondant.

It won't take much time for it to dry. Depends on how thick you apply the airbrush color.

SimplySassyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplySassyCakes Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 7:56am
post #3 of 5

I also ordered an airbrush today and cannot wait for it to come in. I am making a "pizza" cake and want to use it for the crust coloring. Thanks for asking because I was wondering too!

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 8:15am
post #4 of 5

airbrushing is so much fun. Personally I like to let my fondant dry a bit first. just my preferance.

deepending upon how thick it can vary alot on how long it takes to dry. stars took 3 hours to dry. fish took less than 20 minutes.

simply sassy. have you seen this pizza cake? it blew me away, it looked so real and she put instructions with it !!! http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1342462/how_to_make_a_pizza_cake.html?cat=22

SimplySassyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplySassyCakes Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 8:19am
post #5 of 5

WOW! That is crazy good! Very realistic!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%