Pregnant Belly With Actual Baby Inside

Decorating By cakeladyatLA Updated 16 Apr 2010 , 7:19pm by muthrof2

cakeladyatLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyatLA Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 5:51am
post #1 of 3

I saw a lot of pregnant belly cakes here in cakecentral and since I am a gelatin artist and teacher, this came to mind so I just did it. The first time I did it (blue and brown) it was a plastic baby trapped in the clear jello and I delivered the cake right away, no damage that I could see, so the lady who ordered the cake is my co-worker, she told me that everybody loved it, that everybody was in awe, etc, etc, no mention of condensation or ruined cake at all.

So, I was thinking, I will do this for the San Diego Cake Show, so I did it. Bad decision, lol. I did the cake on Friday, I did a cake mold out of jello and then I did the baby out of jello and hand painted it. When I was done I put the actual cake pan inside instead of the gelatin, cause I would be driving from Los Angeles to San Diego, so when I got there I swap the pan for the jello and then my nightmares started, lol.

The fondant started to melt right away, I took pictures before it was completely ruined, but I knew inside that this was a disaster waiting to happen. (lavender and purple)

I left it there and the next morning the celebrity judges had already judge my disaster! How embarrassing, Chris Russom, Marjie Chua, Marina Souza, James Roselle... etc,. God just kill me now!!!! But as I understand it they told me that they showed them pictures of the "before".

I still got third place which I'm so happy for. Here's the pictures of both cakes, the first one I did a few months ago and the one for this weekend on the show.

Patty*
LL
LL

2 replies
kickasscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasscakes Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 6:06am
post #2 of 3

unbelievable cakes! Holy moly!!! You did an amazing amazing job! Wow... OMG...

muthrof2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muthrof2 Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 7:19pm
post #3 of 3

can u tell me how to do that?.. my sil is haven a baby shower soon and i wana try that!! that is awsome...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%