My Husband Is Such A "non-Caker"

Decorating By Thanksharla Updated 8 Mar 2010 , 9:26am by tesso

Thanksharla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Thanksharla Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 11:04pm
post #1 of 2

Here's my story: I have 2 cakes to do this week. My daughter's 5th birthday and my niece's birthday party. So this afternoon I go to store to get all the supplies I am going to need. Keep in mind I told him that I am low on all my basic supplies and need to restock. I need sugar, vanilla, powered sugar, eggs etc. So I get back from the store and he looks at the receipt and says "You spent $30. What in the world do you need this much sour cream for?!"

I told him I use a cake extender recipe. It calls for sour cream and I have 2 boxes of mix I need to make.
He says "seriously an extender?!"
I said "honey, you just wouldn't understand."

He is such a non-caker. But he supports and loves my cake addiction so I guess I'll keep him around. icon_biggrin.gif

1 reply
tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 9:26am
post #2 of 2

oh honey.. tell him to be happy !!! I went to a cake supply store in cincinnati a four hour trip from my home, hubby went with me. When it came time to check out, i told him to go to the car.. he had a scared look on his face and said, "I really dont want to know how much all this is going to cost do i?

I got out to the car and he said.. so whats the damage.. i told him to take a deep breath then handed him the receipt for $550 dollars worth of cake supplies.

Those little luster dusts, petal dusts, shimmer dusts... really add up.. icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif See. tell him it could always be worse !!! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%