Does Anyonek Now What Tip Was Used For This?

Decorating By bntbushnell Updated 13 Mar 2010 , 10:10pm by Bonniecakes08

bntbushnell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bntbushnell Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 7:16pm
post #1 of 11

Im making this cake for a lady from a photo she sent me, can anyone tell me what tip was used to make the border on top of the cake.. help! icon_smile.gif
LL

10 replies
whisperingmadcow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whisperingmadcow Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 7:33pm
post #2 of 11

I am going to guess a tip three or four. Maybe layered. So two layers of white and a layer of pink.

Totally just a guess though.

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 7:34pm
post #3 of 11

I'd say a 5 or a 7. I agree it's layered. Probably a 4 on top.

juststarted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juststarted Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 7:47pm
post #4 of 11

hey, I've seen a video of doing the exact same border on youtube quite some time ago. I tried to find it today for you without any luck. But so far I remember and the best way I can describe it is - using a big tips for shell border keep doing continious shells, gradually decreasing the pressure and then end it with a long sweeping motion. Then draw a line on top of it with a different color icing using a small round tip. Hope that makes a bit sense.

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 12:40am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by juststarted

hey, I've seen a video of doing the exact same border on youtube quite some time ago. I tried to find it today for you without any luck. But so far I remember and the best way I can describe it is - using a big tips for shell border keep doing continious shells, gradually decreasing the pressure and then end it with a long sweeping motion. Then draw a line on top of it with a different color icing using a small round tip. Hope that makes a bit sense.

Is this the video you referred to? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-4LtQYgX-s&feature=related It's very similar, but I'm not sure it's exactly like the photo she posted.

juststarted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juststarted Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 1:30am
post #6 of 11

yeah JGMB, this is exactly what I was reffering to. Thanks for the link, I have it in my fav now. I thought it's the same technique, only has to do the white piping in double layers and then the single pink/different color piping. Can you not achieve it that way?

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 3:24am
post #7 of 11

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-586618-borders.html

Scroll down to londoncake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by londoncake

Hi
We call them Scrolls and they are done with a 44 star tube in and 18 inch piping bag, then over piped with a colour from a rolled grease proof bag and yes they are built up in 3 layers.

Regards
Mark

Try here, for larger pictures.
http://londoncake.com/

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 5:42am
post #8 of 11

The bottom layer of the border looks like it might be a 199, maybe two layers of that. Then a 4 or 5 on the top.

Good luck!

ramacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ramacake Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 6:08am
post #9 of 11

To me, it looks like at least a 9 or 10 piped on in a double layer and then go over it with a different color using a 5 or 6 tip.

bntbushnell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bntbushnell Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 10:00pm
post #10 of 11

Thanks everyone for you help, and the youtube video was a great help, I have posted a photo of the finished cake on my photos. Thanks again

Bonniecakes08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bonniecakes08 Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 10:10pm
post #11 of 11

looks like a leaf tip and a 3 to me

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%