The Cricut Is About To Make Me Need Some Therapy!!!

Decorating By thats-a-cake Updated 5 Mar 2010 , 7:46pm by tiggy2

thats-a-cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thats-a-cake Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 6:49pm
post #1 of 2

I got a cricut machine to use with my cakes...I couldn't wait to use it!!!
I CAN'T MAKE IT WORK!!! What am I doing wrong? I bought extra mats to use with it...I used oil on the pads at first but couldn't make it work so I bought crisco to put on the mats...still couldn't make it work. I hunted and hunted information on here about it and followed the directions to the letter...or so I thought...IT STILL WOULDN'T WORK!!! I found the sugar veil product and thought...THIS IS IT....I'm going to figure it out....I STILL CAN'T MAKE IT WORK!!!! I've let the gumpaste dry a little...and I've let it dry a lot...I've managed to kinda make the sugarveil work...but it only works part of the way down the mat...I'm ready to sling it out the door down the driveway and make skid marks with it!!!...It either cuts part of the way thru or it smashes the gumpaste/sugarveil ....I've even bought the deep cut blade too!!!I see so many beautiful cakes here that have been done with the cricut machine....I want to be able to do them toooooo!!! HELPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!

1 reply
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 7:46pm
post #2 of 2

Crisco is a must, oil won't work. The problem may be the type of gumpaste you are using and the thickness. What speed/pressure are you using and what depth on the deep cut blade?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%