What Cricut To Buy? Love To Have Everyone Ideas.

Decorating By rachpizano Updated 5 Mar 2010 , 6:27pm by Lcubed82

rachpizano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachpizano Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 3:20pm
post #1 of 5

Ok I have been reading a ton of threads on cricut and I have to say I'm totally in love with the idea of this machine. They are really expensive however so if I do buy one which one should I buy? My husband is pretty computer savy and I like the idea of not being limited to set designs set by the cricut. So I don't mind spending a little more if I can cut whatever I want in addition to whatever preset templets come with it. Any help would be great!

4 replies
Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 3:45pm
post #2 of 5

There are quite a few threads about this question. I know they take a while to read, but there is wonderful information to absorb.

I chose to get the Cricut Expression. I was looking at the smaller one, but then realized that the smallest font/size it could do was 1", largest is 6". The Exp goes as small as .25", and up to 12". I don't expect to make huge pieces, but it allows doing more cuts per sheet of fondant.

rachpizano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachpizano Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks for the info. My head is spinning with the possibilities that I would create with one.

KarmaStew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarmaStew Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 4:12pm
post #4 of 5

I'm extremely adept with a scalpel!

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 6:27pm
post #5 of 5

I bought for fondant, but so far this week have used it more for paper- cookie templates, lettering to glue to pot for cookie bouquet. I don't even have the deep blade yet! I also want to try it on fabric for cutting out letters for applique (fancy fonts that take a while to cut manually).
I will eventually get to the fondant.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%