Best Line Of Cake Pans?

Decorating By crazyladybaker Updated 5 Mar 2010 , 4:48pm by anasasi

crazyladybaker Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 12:06pm
post #1 of 18

I think I am going to invest in some square cake pans and need some input. Right now I have the full set of rounds by Magic Line and have been pleased with them.
I am looking for a 3" square set. What is your favorite line of cake pans?
oh and which site seems to have the best pricing for pans?
Thanks for any knowledge you have to share!

17 replies
crazyladybaker Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 12:12pm
post #2 of 18

just thought of something else too... My rounds are even sizes, should I stick with that in square or should I go with odd size pans?

Donnagardner Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 12:49pm
post #3 of 18

I use magic line and love them. I also have even sizes just because I like even numbers and for no real good reason. icon_smile.gif

leah_s Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 1:21pm
post #4 of 18

Magic Line, especially for square pans. But why 3" pans? I can't even begin to tell you how much I hated those.

leily Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 1:40pm
post #5 of 18

I like magic line the best. I personally have all the even and odd up to 10" (I like the option of having the 3" difference sometimes.) and then even numbers after that (I just haven't invested in the rest yet, not a need yet)

I purchased mine from www.cakepans4less.com but just went there and see that they are currently closed until further notice due to family health issues. So hopefully someone else can suggest another site that has good prices.

I have also ordered from:
www.kitchenkrafts.com
www.globalsugararts.com
www.intotheoven.com

all of these carry magic line pans

soccermom17 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 1:55pm
post #6 of 18

I had all Wilton pans and ordered the 4" round magic line the last time I placed an order with CK products. I really love them. So little by little I'm going to replace the old pans. I want solid sides, especially for square and sheet cake pans. The magic line seem to be really nice quality.

crazyladybaker Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 2:02pm
post #7 of 18

wow...loving all the replies! thumbs_up.gif

Why do I want 3" pans? hmmm, I don't know, I guess because that's what I have now. I do have some Wilton 2" pans and when I want 2" layers I have never had luck with them.

so, now I am curious... share with me what depths of pans you use and why you like them icon_biggrin.gif

rebew10 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 2:10pm
post #8 of 18

I love my Magic Line pans since I switched over. I also get the 2" pans, I think I only have 3 pans that are 3". I pretty much use all even sized pans, 2 of each, and will buy only 1 pan of the odd numbered ones when I need them. Haven't tried the cheappans4less web site, but Global Sugar Art has had the pans cheaper (at least square) than I have found on other web sites and stores.

crazyladybaker Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 2:10pm
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

I like magic line the best. I personally have all the even and odd up to 10" (I like the option of having the 3" difference sometimes.) and then even numbers after that (I just haven't invested in the rest yet, not a need yet)

I purchased mine from www.cakepans4less.com but just went there and see that they are currently closed until further notice due to family health issues. So hopefully someone else can suggest another site that has good prices.

I have also ordered from:
www.kitchenkrafts.com
www.globalsugararts.com
www.intotheoven.com

all of these carry magic line pans




Thanks for posting the links to these thumbs_up.gif

crazyladybaker Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 2:11pm
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Magic Line, especially for square pans. But why 3" pans? I can't even begin to tell you how much I hated those.




I always love to hear what you say and I am dying to know what you use? icon_smile.gif

leah_s Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 2:20pm
post #11 of 18

I have (mostly) Magic Line 2" deep pans. I also have some Allied pans that really seem to be ML without the lamp, purchased from CK. I just didn't think that the 3" deep pans baked right.

crazyladybaker Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 2:30pm
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

I have (mostly) Magic Line 2" deep pans. I also have some Allied pans that really seem to be ML without the lamp, purchased from CK. I just didn't think that the 3" deep pans baked right.




do you get a true 2" layer from them? Don't ask why I am so "stuck" on this 2" layer...lol
It just seems to work best for me.
The 2" are less expensive though. Maybe I can step outside my comfort zone and try the 2" icon_biggrin.gif

crazyladybaker Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 2:32pm
post #13 of 18

rebew10- thanks for the input. thumbs_up.gif

crazyladybaker Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 2:36pm
post #14 of 18

GS has this sale: 6", 8", 10", 12", 14" inch x 2" high for $62.99......so, everyone...should I do it?

Donnagardner Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 2:38pm
post #15 of 18

I fill me pans 3/4 of the way full and then level them if needed and my cakes are almost always 2 inches.

crazyladybaker Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 2:44pm
post #16 of 18

Donnagardner- I am leaning more and more towards the 2" now. Maybe my earlier problem with the Wilton 2" pans was an "operator error"...lol

leily Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 4:23pm
post #17 of 18

i have 2". I like all my layers to be 2" so it's easier for me to fill my pans and then trim with the top of the pan when they come out of the oven. This way I know they are always the 2". (At least until i can get the agaby leveler)

I had some wilton 2" and i didn't lik them b/c they didn't bake even enough for me.

As for if you can get 2" cakes from 2" pans, yes, just make sure you put enough batter in. Doesn't matter the brand of pan if you don't put enough batter in icon_smile.gif

anasasi Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 4:48pm
post #18 of 18

I love my Fat Daddio 3" pans. I just seem to get closer to the right sizing with these after I've torted and leved. I always use nailheads and the magic strips , even on the smaller cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%