Easter Candy

Sugar Work By CandyLady Updated 25 Mar 2010 , 6:29pm by KHalstead

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 1:10pm
post #1 of 5

I need some new clever ideas for easter candy...I usually do items for a teacher's classroom..I have done the rabbits, pretzel rods, pour boxes, etc. and I cannot find anything new this year...anyone have any cute ideas and thanks.

4 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 2:02pm
post #2 of 5

how about cookie boxes?

Take a cake pan or metal cookie cutter and cut a 1" wide strip of shortbread cookie dough (because it's sturdy and keeps its shape well) and line the inside rim of the cutter/pan. Then cut a portion for the bottom and pinch the edge and bottom together, then bake. Make another cut out for a lid and you can fill with store bought candy/ or even mini cookies. I made a couple for valentine's day with heart cake pans (could use an oval pan for an egg) and I painted the inside of the box with royal icing (so it had some sugary goodness goin on) and then decorated the lid like a regular cookie. People absolutely went nuts over there!!

I really need to make one and remember to get a photo, I was so swamped at V-day w/ orders it was all I could do to just MAKE and deliver them!!

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 11:44pm
post #3 of 5

sounds yummy...post a pic and thanks.

kathy777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathy777 Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 12:14am
post #4 of 5

Tina .. I was on your website.. Awesome job for the Lord! Keep up the good work.. icon_smile.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 6:29pm
post #5 of 5

thanks................

when I get a chance to make some more cookie boxes, I'll be sure and snap some pics and do a step by step! Just a matter of finding time to do one without somebody actually ordering one! lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%