Do You Use Celpics?

Decorating By MissRobin Updated 3 Mar 2010 , 10:26pm by MissRobin

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 3:41pm
post #1 of 5

I have a cake this week that has lilys down the front of the cake. I was wondering if you use celpics when inserting your flowers??? The stems are kind of big, I just dont want to rip the fondant too much. The celpics I have, have a rounded bottom and not a spike on the bottom, do these work as well?

4 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 5

Ahh, I had no idea what you were talking about at first. I have the florist cut off the stem then wire the flower and wrap the wire and I stick that it.

MissRobin Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 9:29pm
post #3 of 5

Sorry, I probably made no sense, but, these are gumpaste lillies that I made, and the wires are wrapped with tape but I don't think I should stick that in the cake without covering so I bought the celpics to stick the wire stem in before inserting in the cake. Just wondering how they perform and if I am using the right thing. Thanks for your reply.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 9:42pm
post #4 of 5

Oh I totally stick those into cake all the time. If you're squeemish about it, dip the wires into white chocolate first and let it harden.

MissRobin Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 10:26pm
post #5 of 5

I have read so many different things about it, wasn't sure what to do. The floral tape is ok to stick in to the cake?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%