Edible Image

Decorating By bvwilliams Updated 3 Mar 2010 , 2:07am by icingimages

bvwilliams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bvwilliams Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 5:12am
post #1 of 4

Help!!!!! I've never done this before. Someone wants a $100 bill cake. I figured an edible image would be the best way to get a realistic bill on the cake, but I don't know how to transfer them onto the cake. Can anyone help? Is it difficult to do? I'm going to use a 9x13 sheet cake.

3 replies
VeronicaLuis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VeronicaLuis Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 5:47am
post #2 of 4

I'm thinking scan the $100 bill, enlarge and print. At least that's what I would do.

VeronicaLuis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VeronicaLuis Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 5:54am
post #3 of 4

The other way I would do it too is to keep the scanned image of the $100 bill it's actual size and repeat it. One next to the other.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 2:07am
post #4 of 4

It is super simple to transfer it to the cake. Make sure you have a smoothly iced cake, be sure that the frosting is moist. If it is not, spray a mist of water on the cake or use a damp paper towel to dampen the cake. Be sure your hands are dry and peal it off of the backing. Bend the image in half and start with the center of the image and the center of the cake and lay it down from the center first. As soon as you lay it out, smooth the image from the center to the edges with your hands. Be sure it is flat and you are good to go!!!! I have been selling images for 10 years and very very very few people have problems so dont worry, you will be fine!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%