Supply Stores

Business By sweettooth88 Updated 2 Mar 2010 , 5:33pm by TexasSugar

sweettooth88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettooth88 Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 7:52pm
post #1 of 3

Hey ladies I need your help!! I am interested in opening a bakery supply store in my area (since the closest one is 2 1/2 hrs away) Does anyone know how i could achieve this? Do i just call up vendors and try to become a supplier? Any input I would appriciate.

2 replies
Chickycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chickycakes Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 4:51pm
post #2 of 3

You will need a large amount of capital to invest in the products to have on the shelves. You might need to check with your bank to see if you can get a loan and work on writing a business plan.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 5:33pm
post #3 of 3

I don't have a supply store locally either and had considered it. Only problem is that you need some cash to buy inventory that will sit around and hopefully sell.

I'd say do some research, are there others in the area that are really interested in having a store locally? What products do you want to sell? I'd also think that some suppliers may have a min. amount they sell to other retailers. Can you afford to buy larger numbers of items and wait to sell them?

I'd go about this the same way I would if I wanted to open a bakery or any other business. Do your research, make your business plan and find out if there is a market for it out there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%