Baking Soda Find!!!!!!

Lounge By AnotherCreation Updated 1 Mar 2010 , 8:15pm by TexasSugar

AnotherCreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCreation Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 4:32pm
post #1 of 14

ok so I was just deep cleaning my kitchen after a long weekend icon_smile.gif I accidently spilled the baking soda on my glass top range. I went to use a damp paper towel to "pick Up" the powder and I noticed that it was CLEANING it with no pressure. I had fried some pork chops last night so there was a good bit of residue left. Anyway I was excited because usually I have to scrub and I buy the expensive stove top cleaners. NO MORE!!!! Yeah!! Just thought I would let anyone know thanks for listening to me babble about my little excitement for the morning icon_biggrin.gif

13 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 4:41pm
post #2 of 14

You can also use it to clean burnt on food in pots and pans.

I use it and vinager down the sink drains instead of Draino.

AnotherCreation Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 4:44pm
post #3 of 14

do you put a certain amount of vinegar with the baking soda or just eye it??? Just wondering

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 4:58pm
post #4 of 14

TexasSugar, wow I do the same thing. I love the smell and the bubbles lol
I also take a bath with the baking soda and vinager once a month, it removes any dry skin and so relaxing. I also use in my hair once a month also. For my bath, I use a gal. of vinager and a large box of baking soda added to my bath water.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 5:01pm
post #5 of 14

baking soda works great on stainless steel. and vineagar for the laundry.

TexasSugar Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 5:02pm
post #6 of 14

For the sink, I just eye it. I'd probably say I do about 1/8th cup (a couple of tablespoons) of baking soda. I just dump that in the sink drain, then pour probably like a cup of vinager slowly. It will bubble and foam up. You can here it working through the drain.

AnotherCreation Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 5:07pm
post #7 of 14

Thanks texas sugar. Tesso does the vinegar not make the laundry smell...well like vinegar????

TexasSugar Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 5:14pm
post #8 of 14

I use vinegar in the laundry when doing towels, bath matts and such. It actually is suppose to take smells out.

AnotherCreation Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 5:22pm
post #9 of 14

interesting! I had no idea I was going to learn so much today about cleaning and actually be excited lol

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 5:42pm
post #10 of 14

I use vinegar and baking soda to clean my drain too.
vinegar works well in the laundry too. My grandma is becoming incontnent (sp?). Sometimes she knows when she has to go and sometimes she dosen't.
I washed her clothes for her like 3 times with just regular detergent and the smell would not come out. So i tried again with the vinegar. I used about a cup of it in with the detergent and it worked great! It doesn't make the clothes smell like vinegar at all.
My aunt told me it's good to use as a fabric softener.

tatorchip Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 6:52pm
post #11 of 14

Tiffany29, can you use it with all cloths or only the whites, sorry about your grandma bless her heart.

TexasSugar Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 7:30pm
post #12 of 14

You can use it with anything in the laundry.

tatorchip Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 8:10pm
post #13 of 14

Thanks TexasSugar

TexasSugar Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 8:15pm
post #14 of 14

If your coffee pot is getting to where it takes forever to brew, you can 'rinse' it out with some vinager and water. You just pour it through instead of the water, then repeat a couple of times with just water.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%