Question About Oreo Filling

Decorating By TPACakeGirl Updated 1 Mar 2010 , 4:32pm by TPACakeGirl

TPACakeGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TPACakeGirl Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 4:11pm
post #1 of 6

I'm doing the Oreo filling with the marshmallow fluff listed in the recipes section of this site. I've never used it before, and I'll be using it in a cake for next Saturday, 6 days from now. Can anyone advise if this frosting can be refrigerated and how far in advance can I make it? Decorating cakes is not my full time job, and I'm trying to get stuff done ahead of time so I'm not rushing on Friday night.

Thanks.

5 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 5:04pm
post #2 of 6

Why not try it with whipped cream instead of marshmellow fluff..I would think the fluff would become hard and sticky being refridgerated.

TPACakeGirl Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 6:45pm
post #3 of 6

The cake is going to have to sit outside in the Florida heat for a few hours. I don't want the cream to go bad.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 11:37pm
post #4 of 6

You could also mix it with a regular Buttercream icing or the Whimsical Bake house Buttercream...Still creamy but doesn't need refridgeration.The recipe for WBH is in the recipe section or type it into the search field.

nursecookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nursecookie Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 6:57am
post #5 of 6

I made the oreo filling for a cake I made this weekend. It was awesome icon_smile.gif I don't really know that you would need to refrigerate it, but if you do, maybe just zap it in the microwave for a few seconds to make it easier to spread when you use it? I haven't tried it but based on the ingredients I think it would work ok

TPACakeGirl Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 4:32pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone. The woman who made the recipe emailed me and stated that it can be refrigerated and that it should be able to sit out for the week without getting moldy. I think I will just refrigerate it until using it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%