How Do I Kick Someone To The Curb Professionally?

Business By Lenette Updated 3 Mar 2010 , 2:13am by leah_s

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 8

I can't go into too much detail or name anyone here but I need some advice please.

I have a business that has ordered cakes through me multiple times. There is always some kind of issue and this last time is the last straw. It's things like multiple phone calls to get paid, last minute order, etc.

This time they tried to argue me down on price, sent me damaged goods and I think they are trying to set me up to ask for a refund. I am very unhappy and no longer want to do business with them.

I tried to give them the number to another bakery but they keep calling me. How do I professionally word an email that is basically saying, "don't call me anymore"?

Thanks for your help.

7 replies
pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 3:41pm
post #2 of 8

Just tell them that you believe this relationship is not working for both of you, they don't seem to be happy with your product and you are not able to handle last minute orders and don't have time to chase down payment. If you spread the blame, it sounds nicer or just tell them the truth, relationship is over based on the reasons you just mentioned. good luck

spring Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spring Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 9:19pm
post #3 of 8

Our relationship is no longer working out for me, and it seems you as well. In the future you will need to purchase your cakes from someone else.

Period, end of discussion, Elvis has left the building.

It's as easy as that. The beauty of owning your own business is that you don't have to do business with people you don't want to.

Minette

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 10:54pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by spring

Our relationship is no longer working out for me, and it seems you as well. In the future you will need to purchase your cakes from someone else.

Period, end of discussion, Elvis has left the building.

It's as easy as that. The beauty of owning your own business is that you don't have to do business with people you don't want to.

Minette

I think this is spot on. You need to email it to anyone and everyone at the company that might have any part of ordering and/or paying for the cakes so that there is no miscommunication on their end.

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 11:47pm
post #5 of 8

Thank you all for responding. I did email this morning and tell them that perhaps someone else here should service them locally since things were not working out very well.

I often thought of IndyDebi this morning and her advice on how women need to stop trying to be "nice" and be about their business. I always worry that someone will think I am mean or not nice. But, I think I did the right thing this time.

It's the second time I stood up for myself in 3 days, I'm on a roll!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 10:46pm
post #6 of 8

Just askin' - Is this a national company with "Cakes" and "America" in their name?

deadbeats.

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 2:05am
post #7 of 8

I had to do the same thing recently too. Not becuase I ahd a problem with them , but because I wanted to do less work. It is hard to turn someone away but from time to time, you have to!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 2:13am
post #8 of 8

I know the company we're talking about and I definitely won't do cakes for them any more. They don't pay.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%