How To Make Modeling Choc. Branches?

Decorating By shelhammers Updated 28 Feb 2010 , 11:49pm by shelhammers

shelhammers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelhammers Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 3:14pm
post #1 of 7

Help I was asked to do a shower cake, and they want a cherry blossom cake, I don't want to just pipe the branches on I was hoping to find a way to make the branches(smaller branches) come off the Cake I didn't know If I should use wire and I can't seem to find any references to this HELP PLEASE!!! icon_redface.gif

6 replies
JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 4:26pm
post #2 of 7

You could use wire that has some padding added to it, like some toilet paper, then tape it down to make a thicker stem like branch. The modeling choc. would be heavy..... so take that into consideration. You can take with a darker brown tape or beige and dust over that with petal dusts for a more natural looking branch.

HTH!

Jen icon_smile.gif

shelhammers Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 5:45pm
post #3 of 7

thank you I have been going crazy trying to find help icon_biggrin.gif

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 6:20pm
post #4 of 7

Don't go crazy girl! LOL

I'm happy to help anytime.

Jennifer icon_wink.gif

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 9:25pm
post #5 of 7

I made mine with cloth-covered wire (do you know the type I'm referring to?) I used floral tape to attach several together to form the "branches" and then dipped the whole thing in melted chocolate (candy melts). Here's a pic:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1536809
Of course, you will be making yours much smaller using thinner wire...
Good luck!

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 9:30pm
post #6 of 7

Also, if you use wires, make sure to insert some coffee straws or regular straws first into the cake then insert the "branches" into those. If you're like me, I don't think wire should come in contact with the cake (even though most of the wire is covered with the chocolate). JMHO! thumbs_up.gif

shelhammers Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 11:49pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you so much I will be using your ideas. and post the cake so you can see after March 14th, You guys are so helpful !!!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%