Realistic Fleshtone Color...help??

Decorating By KATHIESKREATIONS Updated 3 Mar 2010 , 2:33pm by KATHIESKREATIONS

KATHIESKREATIONS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 11:25pm
post #1 of 12

Could someone please tell me how to obtain a realistic flesh tone color for my gumpaste /fondant? I tried just using Flesh color, but that doesn't look very realistic. This is for a baby. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much....

11 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 1:29am
post #2 of 12

i always use the fleshtone color. just a tiny bit. in my buttercream, fondant, candy clay,etc. always.

Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 5:30pm
post #3 of 12

I use wilton's 'peach' with a little bit of brown. You can see my baby cake in my photos. Good luck. thumbs_up.gif

KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 7:54pm
post #4 of 12

Thank you both so much! Now I have to figure out a way to make it softer as I kneeded in the color & let it sit over night. Even after kneeding it for about 30 minutes now, it is really not soft enough to put into the First Impressions mold! I wish I had just done it yesrerday.... icon_sad.gif I may just have to start over unless anyone knows something I can add to my fondant/gumpaste that will help with this problem.... icon_wink.gif

Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 8:03pm
post #5 of 12

I use candy melts for my baby mold. Works perfectly. Just a thought.

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 9:34pm
post #6 of 12

Knead in a bit of glycerin and/or shortening.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 9:45pm
post #7 of 12

i would add more FONDANT. this will make it softer and more pliable. work a little shortening into this mixture also. after adding more fondant. knead it good. make sure there aren,t any creases in the amt. you are using to push into the mold . have used that mold. works great. put in freezer. let sat a bit. comes out really pretty. hth

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 9:54pm
post #8 of 12

Wilton's Copper is also called "fleshtone" on the container. That's what I use and it works perfectly.

Cakeonista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeonista Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 10:01pm
post #9 of 12

Wilton's peach or copper work wonderfully as a fleshtone color.

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 12:49am
post #10 of 12

I also use 'copper' it is perfect!

KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 1:56am
post #11 of 12

Thank you all so much for all your help & tips! I am going to do my baby tomorrow & hopefully when it is finished I can be as proud of mine as you all have been with yours! Then I'll see if I can post it....I may have to wait until my daughter comes over to do it for me! LOL

KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 2:33pm
post #12 of 12

icon_biggrin.gif I followed everyone's tips here on CC and my Impressions Newborn Baby came out beautifully! Thank you so much thumbs_up.gif Now to figure out how to get my picture posted. Again, thank you for all your help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%