Very Annoyed

Decorating By csweetcakes Updated 27 Feb 2010 , 4:02am by cylstrial

csweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
csweetcakes Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 10:34pm
post #1 of 5

OK people. Help me out here. I did a cake tasting for a potential client. And it was the father who initially contacted me and discussed details at length about what his daughter wanted. (I found this a little different to begin with). The bride, mother and father came. We talked about what she was interested in and then he asked about pricing. I told him my prices start at $3.50/serving for brides and $3/serving for grooms for standard flavors of Yellow, Chocolate, marble. Redvelvet, Straw. and carrot were 25 cents more a serving. I charge a set-up and delivery fee of $50. the cake was going to be a 4 tiered cake. Delivered to a place that has 2 flight of stairs. He asked if it was negotitable. I said no. He said we'll see. I offer my bride's free cake plateau rental for orders over $1000 and this order would be. That is a $50 value in itself for the plateau for the grooms and brides together. I told him that would make up that $50 for him. They left after the tasting and said they would get back to me in a week. He called me back and approached the delivery and set-up fee again and I reminded him that I said it was non=negotiable then and still is. He was shocked that I was willing to "give up the whole thing just over $50" I could have said the same thing about him but didn't.

What do you think?

4 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 10:39pm
post #2 of 5

I would tell him I'd love to waive to the delivery and set up fee for him, but in doing so he'd have to pay for the rental of the plateaus!! lol

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 10:49pm
post #3 of 5

I think people think they are super special!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 10:59pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by csweetcakes

He was shocked that I was willing to "give up the whole thing just over $50" I could have said the same thing about him but didn't.

What do you think?

My sister's husband used to sell cars for awhile. (I used to get a lot of comedy mileage from "My brother in law the used car salesman."). He actually DID say this to a guy once. They had negotiated the price down but the guy wanted $100 more taken off. He said to BIL, 'Are you going to lose this sale over a lousy hundred bucks?" BIL said, "No..... the question is are YOU going to lose this car over a lousy hundred bucks?"

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 4:02am
post #5 of 5

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%