Any Life Flight Nurses Here

Lounge By mrspriss0912 Updated 27 Feb 2010 , 3:39am by ButtacreamRose

mrspriss0912 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrspriss0912 Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 1:57pm
post #1 of 4

I know this is a crazy subject for this area but I was wondering about becoming a flight nurse. I am concidering going to school and would love to do life flight in particular I would like to get a spot on Angel 1 for peds, My question is about height/weight requirments. My hubby has treid to discourage me in this endevor by telling me that I am too short to qualify. Some how I dont believe this due to the fact that I am 5'2 and well there isnt much room on helicopters by the time you figure in equipment and pt and other staff I would think they would want small stature folks.
Anywho any info or advice would be greatly apperciated
Thank You

3 replies
nanikins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanikins Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 2:01pm
post #2 of 4

I am not a life flight nurse, but my father is a life flight pilot. I have never heard of any minimum height requirement or any weight requirement. I will ask him the next time we talk and will see if I can't get a bit of info for you - someone to contact, or something.

I do know that many programs require a minimum amount of time nursing before you may work in the aviation program. Are you a nurse already?

mrspriss0912 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrspriss0912 Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 5:46pm
post #3 of 4

not a nurse yet will be going back to school if things work out. I know that here in the Nashville area you need a certian amout of previous work experience this is a dream that I have been working toward for a while I am currently employeed as an operating room tech and have a deep desire to further my education and persue this. God willing this is his plan for me I feel truly called to be a nurse and the thought of being able to help those who are hurting is what I truly want to do with my life.
Thanks for the help and advice it will be a big help
Talk to you soon

ButtacreamRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtacreamRose Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 3:39am
post #4 of 4

Not a flight nurse but where I live you have to have 3-5 yrs. critical care nursing.
Get your basics down then specialize(CCRN).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%