Lego Cakes

Decorating By rhopar33 Updated 25 Feb 2010 , 5:20pm by MainCake

rhopar33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhopar33 Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 1:22pm
post #1 of 6

I have a client who has requested a lego cake. has anyone out there made one before? Can you tell me how to make the little "feet" that are on top of the cake?

Thanks,
Rhonda

5 replies
CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 2:09pm
post #2 of 6

I used a round cutter and rolled my fondant really thick and cut them out. I've heard of some people using marshmallows but this way worked for me.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/its-a-piece-of-cake/4377459237/

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 2:13pm
post #3 of 6

if it needs to be all buttercream i ice the cakes then take some of the buttercream and add enough powdered sugar to make it really stiff. roll some of it out anc cut using a cookie cutter. pop them in the freezer for a minute or two, then they can easily be put in place on the cake.

rhopar33 Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 5:12pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks for the feedback. I will definitely try this.

rhopar33 Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 5:14pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for the feedback. I will definitely try this.

MainCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MainCake Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 5:20pm
post #6 of 6

I made a lego cake last October... the customer actually had a Lego ice cube tray mold and let me use it for the cake. For the most part it was... I did big legos using it (I had to use Wilton Fondant though - normally I just use MMF - and I think a fondant/gumpaste mixture would work even better.) I handcut flat legos though and used an icing tip with a big round hole to cut the 'peg' pieces. It was tedious and time-consuming but well worth it. The customer and her daughter loved the cake! I ordered my own lego mold right after I finished that cake. It would be nice though, if there was some sort of impression mat for this so the process would go quicker...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%