Applying For License - Is This Full Buisness Plan?

Business By meri1028 Updated 26 Feb 2010 , 1:37am by flourpowerMN

meri1028 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meri1028 Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 6:58pm
post #1 of 3

Can someone help me with this? I'm filling out the application for home kitchen license in NC and it asks for the following:

Step 6. Develop your business plan

Provide a brief description of your business to be included with your application to become a home processor. The following items should be included:

* Ingredients used and the suppliers
* A plan for storage for supplies, equipment and finished product
* A general production flow - including procedures and equipment used
* How you will transport products
* List potential locations where you plan to sell your product (ex. farmers market, retail from home, local fairs, local businesses)

I'm only planning to do this part time - 2 cakes a month max (this will probably change once I get going). I haven't written a business plan yet. I've just started researching business plans for this application and they look very in-depth. Do you think they're just asking for the things listed or a detailed plan?

Thanks in advanced!!
Meredith

2 replies
pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 7:13pm
post #2 of 3

Obviously, every state is different, mine did not require anything like a business plan, they just want your money. LOL . However, I would just write a short narrative, incorporating those points they included. Or give your state a call and ask them.

flourpowerMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flourpowerMN Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 1:37am
post #3 of 3

A true business plan is a bit more in depth, including items like market research, marketing plans and income/profit projection. Looks like the agency is just making sure that you understand all areas of food production. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%