I Need Help In Pricing This Cookie Design

Baking By Yane Updated 20 Feb 2010 , 7:56pm by toleshed

Yane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yane Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 4:42pm
post #1 of 8

Hi, I need to quote a person on 6 cookies of each of this designs. How much would you charge to make this ?

Thank You!!!!
LL
LL

7 replies
JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 5:03pm
post #2 of 8

Wow! Those look so detailed, and have several colors per design. I'd say $3 apiece at least. I sold simple conversation heart cookies (just a base color, then a few piped words) for $2 apiece this month.

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 12:21am
post #3 of 8

Disney is really protective of their copyright. Because of what I've read on some CC threads, I would not go anywhere near selling a Disney image. I've read that the fine can be as much as $50,000 and that Disney has employees whose sole job it is to seek out copyright infringements. Search this site for some past threads if you are wondering. HTH.

verono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 1:42am
post #4 of 8

I stay far away from characters too.. you'll never know!
I did once a Spiderman cookie before I was in "business" but wasn't for sale, only for pleasure (for my nephew)..

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 6:49am
post #5 of 8

For personal use, I would get edible images if the grocery would print them for me. I wouldn't sell, due to copyright.

krissycupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krissycupcakes Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 7:05am
post #6 of 8

you might be able to order the pre done edible images of these charecters which would be an approved design but im not sure if thats something you can sell just a thought and it might make it easier on you to not have to pipe them

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 4:18pm
post #7 of 8

Sooo cute, but definetly a big no, no for selling without Disney's permission, which they never give.

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 7:56pm
post #8 of 8

I was also going to chime in on the copyright issue. Do yourself a favor and don't go there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%