Cup Cake Cases

Baking By Melons1976 Updated 4 Mar 2010 , 12:37pm by Melons1976

Melons1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melons1976 Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 11:00am
post #1 of 3

Does anyone have facourite cupcake cases as the quality seems to differ quite a lot. Some turn see though with the grease of the cupcake and some are just too flimsy to work with.

I used some Dr Oetkeor ones for capcakes the other day and they were really strong and you could use a pallette knife to get a flat icing top without the bun case being too soft.

I have also some mini cupcake cases and want to know if the siver foil ones are strong enough to bake on a tray without a cupcake baking tray to support them?

2 replies
Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 5:36pm
post #2 of 3

I bought some from Squire's (Farnham, Eng.), and they were quite pricey. they were Squire's own brand. I've been selling them in my store, thinking they were great....... until I actually used some about a month ago for a display and found out that they totally SUCKED. They were so effin' flimsy and butter soaked totally through and they were so splotchy (I always double cup for displays, and it soaked right through.

Need less to say, when I run out in the store I will not be re-ordering.

Melons1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melons1976 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 12:37pm
post #3 of 3

I ordered some mini capcake cakes from CCC.

The paperones I baked in a silicon baking trays and they were good.

The silver petit four cases I got were a bit stronger and they were able to be baked directly on flat baking tray which saved me loads of time as i could bake loads at once.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%