Princess Castle

Decorating By Nytepyre Updated 25 Feb 2010 , 11:15am by Makeitmemorable

Nytepyre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nytepyre Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 12:48am
post #1 of 4

Hi All!

My next order is for a princess party, and the client has very little ideas, just asking me to do something fun. They're familiar with my work, so I assume they just want me to get creative. I'm playing with a square design with 4 small towers on the corners. I've settled on doing tiny gumpaste flowers on vines up the sides of the castle, but I was hoping for some fresh ideas for conical tops to the towers as well as how to acheive a cobblestone effect? I've been playing with frosting it in buttercream and then rolling out flat irregular fondant "stones" and laying them in the buttercream like mortar? I don't want to cover the whole thing in fondant, I'm hoping for a hybrid of sorts?

For the towers' conical tops, I considered ice cream cone tips, also rolling a cellophane pastry cone and using melted chocolate to make a cone. other thoughts? Anything will be helpful! I'm just brainstorming!

3 replies
Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 4:02am
post #2 of 4

You have wonderful ideas so far! You could use the ice cream cones and cover them in fondant or the melted chocolate even - then you don't have to worry as much about the structure of them, and you could imprint designs into it if you wanted.

I think doing the stones would work since you don't want it all covered in fondant - though that may be more time consuming than covering it in fondant and using an impression mat? It's all about what you want to do, though. If you do the stones, I wouldn't make them tiny - I would make them a little bigger so it doesn't take as many to cover the areas you want. The stones would be nice because you could make them different shades of whatever color you are using, might look more authentic!

caliprincess510 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caliprincess510 Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 9:44pm
post #3 of 4

maybe this video can help you and you can add fondant or something to make it look nicer

Makeitmemorable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Makeitmemorable Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 11:15am
post #4 of 4

I did this one and mine tops were icecream cones covered in fondant.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1419750.html

The towers were all icing but hollow.

Good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%