This Site Needs A Time Out

Lounge By tesso Updated 18 Feb 2010 , 5:22pm by sadsmile

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 10:18pm
post #1 of 16

It is snowed here, and no work today. I just realized that I have been on this website for over 3 hours!!! looking at post, cakes, recipes.

I propose a time out button.. after a certain amount of time a box pops up that reads: HEY !!! have you done the laundry yet? fed the dog? (or kids). Did you check the cake in the oven?

Just something to remind me that i have gotten lost in this site again. icon_lol.gif

15 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 10:22pm
post #2 of 16

I'm at work and spend most of my day on and off cake central. Good thing I have a cool boss. icon_smile.gif

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 10:34pm
post #3 of 16

Ditto! On my slow days at work I am on and off of CC all day too! I love this place!

pearlydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pearlydi Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 10:37pm
post #4 of 16

Remember the warning "This website is highly addictive", so true!!!! icon_lol.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 10:45pm
post #5 of 16

LOL! yeah that would slap me back to reality. Though I must say i have managed to get ten loads of laundry done, folded, hung and put away in two days time on top of grocery shopping and managing lunch and dinner and the emotional well being of my family and play on here at large. Gotta have my CC fix.. oops I smell and hear dinner crackling.... BRB

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 11:14pm
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

I'm at work and spend most of my day on and off cake central. Good thing I have a cool boss. icon_smile.gif

I'm so glad I don't have internet access at my day job! I'd be in BIG trouble icon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 12:01am
post #7 of 16

My night job at the hotel is doing the nightly audit and some prep work to set up breakfast for the next morning. Shhhhhh!...... it only takes about 4, maybe 4.5 hours to do all of that! What the heck ... it's 3:00 a.m., no guests need me, the phone's not ringing, no one's checking in .... I'm cruising CC!!!

So if you see a post from me that's REALLY early in the morning, you can bet I'm at work!

Shhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! icon_wink.gif

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 7:50am
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

My night job at the hotel is doing the nightly audit and some prep work to set up breakfast for the next morning. Shhhhhh!...... it only takes about 4, maybe 4.5 hours to do all of that! What the heck ... it's 3:00 a.m., no guests need me, the phone's not ringing, no one's checking in .... I'm cruising CC!!!

So if you see a post from me that's REALLY early in the morning, you can bet I'm at work!

Mop any coffee lately? icon_biggrin.gif LOLOL

Mike (running as fast as I can)

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 12:17pm
post #9 of 16

so it seems im not the only one.. past few nights i havnt been able tpo drag myself away from CC until 2am.. not good considering my 14 month old usually has me up at 7am. hahaha. oh well, its oh-so worth it.

i only think that the "highly addictive" warning should be much larger... MUCH MUCH larger!

and sadsmile.. i bow to you.. i have managed to hand out 3 loads of washing.. but not yet fold them =S oh dear....mount everest is yet again forming..

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 3:49pm
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

Oh Mike that was wrong! So wrong! I hope she catches you. HeHe.

I don't have internet at home, so unless I go visit my mom's I just get online during the day. Of course know I have to figure out why I never do laundry until I'm about out of clothes. Hmmmm....

I work in a family business, so my boss isn't going to get angry at me being online, as long as I do everything I am asked to do.

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 4:39pm
post #11 of 16

I propose a time out button.. after a certain amount of time a box pops up that reads: HEY !!! have you done the laundry yet? fed the dog? (or kids). Did you check the cake in the oven?

That would be very helpful... icon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 6:50pm
post #12 of 16
Quote:

Quote:

Ok, I wasn't going to confess, but I did it AGAIN just about 3 days ago! icon_redface.gif Since then, I *DO* double check the spouts before starting the brewer! icon_lol.gif

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 7:26pm
post #13 of 16

OH NO sorry to hear that icon_eek.gif

Mike

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 11:48pm
post #14 of 16
Quote:

Quote:

icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 11:49pm
post #15 of 16
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ok, I wasn't going to confess, but I did it AGAIN just about 3 days ago! icon_redface.gif Since then, I *DO* double check the spouts before starting the brewer! icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

What the heck were the odds of that!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 5:22pm
post #16 of 16

LOL I am glad I drink tea- one cup at a time... I bet the aroma was enough to wake anyone up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%