Cake Help! Shimmer Dust?

Decorating By linne23 Updated 16 Feb 2010 , 10:59pm by catlharper

linne23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linne23 Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 5:49pm
post #1 of 7

Hello Everyone!

I was hoping someone could help me!

First off let me start by saying i am a cake newbie and bow down to all of your fantastic work!

I am looking for a shimmer dust (not sure if i am calling it the appropriate term) , but not sure where to start looking to purchase. I found some Wilton ones at Michaels but went on more like gitter. I am looking for the product that goes on more like a metallic shine? Does this make sense?

Please Please Help!

Linda

6 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 5:54pm
post #2 of 7

Luster dusts.

linne23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linne23 Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 7:33pm
post #3 of 7

Do you know if there are any retailers that sell it? If not, do you recommend any online dealers or brand?

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 7:56pm
post #4 of 7

it keeps blocking out the place i was going to suggest looking so, yes there are places on line to order it.

cplfernandez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cplfernandez Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 8:10pm
post #5 of 7

Okay, let me give it a try. The location I like is great, good prices, easy customer services. It is country kitchen sweet art. Please just type that in your google search bar and you will get there! (When you call with questions a live person actually answers!) Also when you place the order, order the catalogue, it is free and it has so many items and many times it has explanations and instructions for using the products! hope that helps!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 8:12pm
post #6 of 7

Unless you have a cake store near you the closest you will get locally is the Wilton Pearl Dusts.

http://www.globalsugarart.com/cat.php?cid=684&s=&name=Petal,%20Pearl,%20Luster%20Dusts/Luster%20Dusts

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 10:59pm
post #7 of 7

Luster or Pearl dusts can be found at Michaels. They also carry edible glitter so make sure that's not what you are getting. If you want it to look like a metal finish you will have to mix it with clear flavoring or vodka to make a thin "paint" and then paint a few coats on. It looks amazing once you get it a uniform color!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%