Well...my Dearest Cake Decorating Mentor/friend Is Gone...

Lounge By countrycakes Updated 16 Feb 2010 , 7:31pm by ladyellam

countrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycakes Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 11:10pm
post #1 of 15

icon_sad.gificon_cry.gif Some of you may have remembered my posting last September 09 when I was posting about my dear friend and mentor, whom I had posted about getting me to go thru all her cake decorating materials/equipment. She told me to take ALL of it and do as I saw fit.....she just did not have the energy or the will to see it go to total strangers....I am so blessed.She would not allow me to pay her for any of it.....I insisted vehemently until she finally told me that everytime I made a cake, just think fondly of her when I did it. icon_cry.gif I inheirited 30 years of wonderful tools, and so many treasures, not to mention all her wonderful knowledge and advice........I will never know how much I am blessed to receive what she has left me.

I just wanted to post and let everyone know that.......
Jean has gone on to receive her Heavenly rewards as of February 14. I am missing her so much already...she has suffered so long...and God saw that it was time to welcome her home. She was so talented and so very kind to all.....everytime I bake anything, she will be there in spirit with me.....as she always has been. The drs. had said that she would never last more than 4-6 months....she was more than ready to go. God bless you my dear friend Jean.......'The Cake Lady." icon_cry.gificon_sad.gif

14 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 11:36pm
post #2 of 15

I'm so so sorry for your loss...((((((HUGS)))))) to you.

I think it's wonderful that her love for baking will live on through you. Every time you use her equipment you'll think of her in a special way.

What a gift for both of you....I'm sure it made her very happy in her last days to share all of her things with you.

I know you'll make her proud!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 12:26am
post #3 of 15

Sending {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} your way also. I had a similar situation here too, which is how I got into the cake decorating. I inherited a lot of cake tools from my sisters' best friend Bev, when she passed away. I always tell my new students of the wonderful gifts I received from her - and I will always be forever thankful. You know, you gave your friend a gift too, by accepting her generosity - I am sure it gave her such joy to know her cake things were going to someone who would cherish and use them.

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 12:28am
post #4 of 15

im so sorry for your loss... and im glad you had such a wonderful person in your life to share and pass on her love for her art - you are truely lucky to have been blessed with a wonderful friendship

((hugs))

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 12:38am
post #5 of 15

I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend.

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 12:43am
post #6 of 15

I'm so sorry for your loss, I know it's hard to lose such a close friend as I've been there recently myself. Just know that you two are sharing in the same happiness each time you make a cake.

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 2:14am
post #7 of 15

So sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you and your friend's family.

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 2:42am
post #8 of 15

Yes, I remember your post - absolutely. It made me sad when I read it and now to hear that your dear friend is gone makes it even more sad especially for you. She is safe in the arms of her Savior and free from all of the pain that she had to endure. Thoughts and prayers are with you as you remember your friend and enjoy all of the gifts and memories that she has left you.

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 4:00am
post #9 of 15

((((((HUGS)))))) So sorry for your lost.

bonnscakesAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonnscakesAZ Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 4:07am
post #10 of 15

I am so sorry for your loss. Big hugs!

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 4:34am
post #11 of 15

I also am sorry for your loss. Love will be in all your cakes but I know it's hard. When you feel better, make a cake, just for her. One that you know she'd like and sit down with your loved ones and eat it, thinking of her.

crazyladybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazyladybaker Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 3:46pm
post #12 of 15

So sorry to hear this as well. She sounded like such a wonderful woman. What a treasure to have something that was so near and dear to her.
You obviously meant a lot to her icon_smile.gif
That in itself should bring a smile to your face even through the sadness you feel right now.
I bet every time you bake with her items you will think of her.

But..from the sounds of your post you will see her again when you get home too thumbs_up.gif

big hugs and God Bless!

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 6:27pm
post #13 of 15

I am praying for you. She might visit you in a dream and let you know she is happy in Heaven. I pray that she does. She loved you. That is a gift in itself.

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 6:35pm
post #14 of 15

I'm so sorry about your friend. Make sure you think of her every time you make a cake.

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 7:31pm
post #15 of 15

I am very sorry for you. I think she will be looking down on you, tickled pink knowing you are using her equipment and knowledge. Remember her, talk about her often and love her the rest of your days. I think she would love that, just like she loved you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%