Filling For Mud Cake

Baking By muuh Updated 21 Feb 2010 , 5:14pm by muuh

muuh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muuh Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 9:28am
post #1 of 4

Hi. I'm new to this, but have been looking around for a some time now, and would like to get some good ideas for filling a mud cake. What do you use, and have anyone got some great recipes for fillings?

Would like to make a doll cake, because I have found a doll for it, any good ideas are welcome icon_biggrin.gif Thanks

3 replies
Bel_Anne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bel_Anne Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 10:11am
post #2 of 4

Ganache is best for mud cakes, I think. Just use 1 part dark chocolate to 1 part cream. Bring cream to the boil in a pan then pour over the chocolate. Stir for about five minutes until it's smooth and colour has lightened. Then you just let it sit out on the bench over night and use it the next day.... either as a filling or to cover the cake before putting fondant on. It will set hard truffle-like if you leave it overnight aswell. No need to put it in the fridge, as once you boil the cream it removes the bacteria so no need to refrigerate. I'm sure other people have more ideas! icon_smile.gif

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 11:12am
post #3 of 4

hey, i did a strawberry mouse filling with a layer of melted white chocolate that went hard.. so when you bit into it.. you had all those different textures! i also used dark chocolate ganache to cover before fodant too. Was really quite yummy.. got great reveiws.. even if it was extremly rich! definantly only small portions needed! lol. only problem was that it did need to be refrigerated due to the mouse! i think the ganache would have melted int this heat if i didnt anyway.. so that worked out well! just think of what goes well with chocolate! oringinally i wanted a basic whipped cream and fresh rasberries for the filling.. but the berries were too expensive. =(

muuh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muuh Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 5:14pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for your ideas. Think I'll try Ganache this time. The strawberry mouse, soud very nice too, but I dont think I'll have a lot of room left in my small refrigerater icon_sad.gif

icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%