Cupcake Wedding - Should I Post Flavor Choices???

Decorating By karenm0712 Updated 14 Feb 2010 , 11:27pm by JanH

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 8:04pm
post #1 of 5

For those of you who have done cupcake weddings, do you have something displayed that tells the guests what flavors they have to choose from? If so, what did you use/do?

I ask because my bride is doing two different flavor options - chocolate cake w/raspberry filling & bc icing and then vanilla cake with chocolate bc filling & bc icing. My hubby thinks that the chocolate cupcake w/raspberry filling tastes horrible and so does my brother.

Now I know everyone is different with their likings, but what I don't want to happen is people think they are getting a chocolate cupcake and then are surprised/grossed out when they bite into it. I know that I would not expect a raspberry filling in a chocolate cupcake, nor a chocolate filliing in a vanilla cupcake.

I guess I just don't want weird faces like my hubby and brother gave! My bride tried and loved both options at her cake tasting and I do have others that think the combos are wonderful, but I would like to give people a heads up.

Thanks for any advice!
Karen

4 replies
CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 8:12pm
post #2 of 5

You could do a tent card printed in a nice script, but the two different colors will make it obvious.

Chocolate cake with raspberry filling is one of my top sellers....and it's not their cake anyway =)

surgery2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
surgery2 Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 9:37pm
post #3 of 5

I have a nice Picture (frame) easel I bought at walmart, I would buy a frame that coordinates with the wedding and print a very nice "cupcake menu" , with the different flavors out. I would even see if I could get a piece of stationary or something that coordinates with the wedding to print it on and have it on the nice easel by the tower, I do this all the time and get many compliments.

malakainrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malakainrop Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 9:48pm
post #4 of 5

Since when has a wedding been an "a la carte" experience!

They get what they are handed - same as the old "alternate meal" where the men got the Prawn cocktail and the ladies got a scabby bowl of tinned fruit salad (AKA Fruit cocktail) and then they got the chicken and the guys got a steak!

The Bride & Groom get to pick the flavour/s and their guests get to enjoy what they have picked - if it isn't to their taste? TOO BAD - they get to pick when THEY order!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 11:27pm
post #5 of 5

I feel as long as a selection is being offered, it's nice to have a choice as to flavor preference. icon_smile.gif

Posting the choices attractively (with ideas already given) so that the flavors can be easily identified is a great idea and a benefit to the guests. thumbs_up.gif

Since the BTB wished to offer different flavors, why shouldn't the guests know specifically what they are.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%