Big Lots Only Had 3 Cricuts For The $99 Sale

Decorating By sgraff Updated 16 Feb 2010 , 4:04am by Donnabugg

sgraff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgraff Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 5:14pm
post #1 of 20

I am not pleased. Had I known it would be "Black Friday-like" I would have just stayed home. I was about 5th in line with at least 20 people behind me when the doord opened at 10am. Their ad really should have to state that!

19 replies
nicoles0419 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicoles0419 Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 5:25pm
post #2 of 20

Boo, I hate when they only carry a few things, knowing a million people will show up... sorry icon_sad.gif

Donnabugg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnabugg Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 12:10am
post #3 of 20

I got to Big Lots an hour early. They had 2! I ended up being 3rd in line only because I was literally pushed back! Crazy! icon_cry.gif

talk2us Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
talk2us Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 12:22am
post #4 of 20

Get on their email list. Their ads come out via email a few days in advance of the sale. I usually go in the day before a sale, after I've seen the ad, and the items are available at the sale price.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 12:27am
post #5 of 20

Were they issuing rain checks?

Donnabugg Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 12:36am
post #6 of 20

Someone did call the day before...they were told on the phone there were 10 in stock and there were no early sales. The cashier said she had no idea why anyone would tell someone that when they called...it was ugly...lol

No rain checks icon_sad.gif

AKS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKS Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 1:12am
post #7 of 20

They had a whopping nine at our BigLots. They opened at 10, I got there at 10:04 and there were 5 left. I got mine and then saw what was going on at the cartridge area. I agree-"UGLY" is a good word for it!

tracienvegas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracienvegas Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 1:17am
post #8 of 20

Wow. Mine had about 12 and only 3 were bought when I was in there. Hubby said I should have bought extra to make a profit..lol.
I know the other stores in the area didn't have near as many as this one. It's out of the way but right by me, so it's perfect.

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 1:27am
post #9 of 20

Yep I went to 7 Big Lots today, each one had some when I called but by the time I got there they had been sold icon_sad.gif
I finally found a place that had 3 and they said they had'nt sold any today so I high tailed it over there only to find out the lady had mistaken a sewing machine for the Cricut icon_confused.gif
So I did'nt get one today icon_cry.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 1:47am
post #10 of 20

Ughh so sorry to those of you that didn't get one. These stories remind me of that dumb toy "furbie" I think it was called.

My DD wanted one so bad one Christmas and everytime we got to the store that was supposed to have them they were sold out or people were pushing and shoving their way to the display.

Ugly is a good way of describing that scene for sure.

scoobydid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scoobydid Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 1:54am
post #11 of 20

I didn't get one either. icon_cry.gif

Yesterday, my Mom went with me to scope out the store but they were quite hush-hush about their #s and only said to get to the store before it opened and we would 'get one'. They did not have any sitting on the shelves that Saturday.

My parents were kind enough to go to the store and wait in line for me. They were #7 and you guessed it, the store had 6. I called the other 5 stores in the 50 mile radius and they were all out by 9:05 A.M. Out of curiosity I asked how many they originally had. The range was 3-6.

Later in the day, I went to Michael's with the ad and they would not price match Big Lots - only match Joann, Hobby Lobby & AC Moore.
Wal-Mart won't match the price either because they say Big Lots is not a competitor; they're a closeout.

So much for my trying to think outside the (Cricut) box!

BuncoHappens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BuncoHappens Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 2:07am
post #12 of 20

Went to Big Lots and they were sold out.....so I took the ad to Wal-Mart and they price matched it! Hooray! Got an extra cartridge too for $30

careylynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
careylynn Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 2:21am
post #13 of 20

Ours had 9, I was the 5th in line. I dislike Big Lots employees, they were so mean to the customers. They told us when we called they only had 6 and to get there at 8 because they were expecting a huge turnout. WRONG...they had 9 and only 6 of us were there before the doors opened at 10. Oh well, I got mine icon_smile.gif Sorry to those who were less fortunate. I did hear though that walmart will price match as long as you have the store ad from big lots. HTH

babybundt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babybundt Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 2:42am
post #14 of 20

not sure how big lots works but could you have bought it the day before the sale at the regular price and then when the sale started go back with the receipt and get a price adjustment.........

babybundt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babybundt Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 2:43am
post #15 of 20

not sure how big lots works but could you have bought it the day before the sale at the regular price and then when the sale started go back with the receipt and get a price adjustment.........

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 2:50am
post #16 of 20

Looked online at Walmart.com, they don't carry the Cricut Create in stores, which one did you get?
I also tried to buy one yesterday, the mgr. would'nt let me, she said they were locked up until the sale begins.

BuncoHappens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BuncoHappens Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 5:16am
post #17 of 20

Walmart had 2 Creates in stock and I just took one and a cartridge up to the register and they price matched it....no problem at all. Can't wait until I get a chance next week to figure it all out!

sgraff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgraff Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 8:19pm
post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMommyTX

Looked online at Walmart.com, they don't carry the Cricut Create in stores, which one did you get?
I also tried to buy one yesterday, the mgr. would'nt let me, she said they were locked up until the sale begins.

My Wal Mart had the Create machines in store. I brought the ad and they (begrudgingly) matched the price.

mirda6275 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mirda6275 Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 8:44pm
post #19 of 20

Similar frustrating story here...I also didn't realize it would be like black Friday but I assumed I needed to get to the store early Sunday and not wait until Monday...but they were out and not helpful/friendly.

Hubby offered to take me somewhere else to find one until I told him the regular price!

Donnabugg Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 4:04am
post #20 of 20

I'm sooo happy! Thanks to a suggestion from a fellow CC'er I took the Big Lot ad to Walmart and they matched the price!! Even the cashier was shocked her manager did it! Oh my gosh...can't wait to figure this bad boy out!! Thanks ya'll!

donnabugg<---doing the Cricut happy dance!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%