Unopened Sleeve Filling Storage

Decorating By Munchkinette Updated 13 Feb 2010 , 5:47pm by all4cake

Munchkinette Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 3:07pm
post #1 of 7

I oven estimated and bought too many of the lemon sleeve filling. So now I have an entire unopened sleeve of lemon filling, how should I store it? Can I just leave it on a shelf in the kitchen, or can I freeze it? I would love to be able to freeze it since I don't know when I'll be using it again. Thanks!

6 replies
victoriacakery Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 3:19pm
post #2 of 7

If unopened, just store it on the shelf. I buy multiples of fillings to have on hand for just that reason. I don't believe freezing would be necessary. In fact, it may even ruin it from the freeze/thaw cycles that occur in most home freezers. HTH

minicuppie Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 3:50pm
post #3 of 7

Agreed. keep an eye on the sell by date.

icer101 Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 4:16pm
post #4 of 7

i just keep mine in a cool room .. when i open them. i take what is left.. put in storage container... keep in fridge....

all4cake Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 4:26pm
post #5 of 7

I have some bavarian creme filling that has no sell by/use by date on it. I heard they keep, how long is that in years?

zdebssweetsj Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 4:33pm
post #6 of 7

I'd also like to know. I've never thought to check the expiration date, just checked there isn't one on the sleeve.

all4cake Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 5:47pm
post #7 of 7

The one I have is actually banana cream filling (not bavarian as I previously stated). I tried to contact customer service...I reckon some folk really do work Mon-Fri or maybe 'cause it's President's Day weekend... So, I emailed them with the series of numbers(lot number?). Hopefully, someone will be able to determine it's usability. I had purchased different flavors at different times.

Quote by @%username% on %date%