2 Cupcake Containment Questions!

Baking By confectionsofahousewife Updated 14 Feb 2010 , 4:43am by Lcubed82

confectionsofahousewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionsofahousewife Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 2:48pm
post #1 of 5

I have been asked to make 100 cupcakes for a non-profit organization that helps families whose children need physical and/or occupational therapy. Their organization color is white. They want white cupcakes with white icing (no problem) and want them in white cupcake papers (is that what they are called?) and packaged individually in white boxes.
My questions are:

1. Where can I find good quality white, heavy duty cupcake papers that won't show grease through the paper? What brand is good?

2. Where can I find white, individual boxes for cupcakes?

The event is not until May but I need to find out how much the extra supplies are going to cost. Thanks for any assistance!

4 replies
CookieMakinMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMakinMomma Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 2:56pm
post #2 of 5

I can't help too much on the wrapper question, but here are some cupcake boxes that would work for you. http://www.brpboxshop.com/bakery_boxes/cupcake_boxes.html The boxes for individual cupcakes are about 1/5 of the way down the page. Shipping is FREE and their customer service is great. They also ship lightning fast. They will even send you samples if you want to check them out before buying. I have worked with them once before and I will work with them again no question. HTH!

Kepi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kepi Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 2:59pm
post #3 of 5

You might try cakeart.com. They have a section on cupcake supplies. I don't know if they will have what you are looking for, but you can browse through it and see! icon_smile.gif

mirda6275 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mirda6275 Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 3:18pm
post #4 of 5

I have only bought the boxes through my local cake store, and I know they aren't the cheapest option, but I was in a time crunch when I bought them.

One trick they did show me to save money was that you can cut the double inserts in half and they work just like the single ones, but you save lots of money this way!!! The double inserts I bought were a few cents more than the single ones but you only need to buy half!!

Good luck with the cupcakes!

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 4:43am
post #5 of 5

You may need to bake the cupcakes in one wrapper, then place in another wrapper to get the white. I haven't seen any wrappers not change color when baking. A bit of icing in the bottom of the second wrapper would "glue" in the cupcake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%