Air Force Emblem Template?

Decorating By catlharper Updated 17 Feb 2010 , 12:08pm by Kellbella

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 6:49am
post #1 of 10

Hi there,

My nephew just announced that he's off to boot camp in a few weeks and we want to throw him a party. I've seen several really great Air Force cakes with a distinctive emblem. Does anyone have a template for this? I'd like to make it out of gumpaste for the cake topper.

thanx!
Cat

9 replies
julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 7:16am
post #2 of 10

Just look up Air Force Insignia and it should come up the ranks. Air Force emblem brings up the round emblem and the wing emblem. Then just blow it up to size.
Do you know what he is going to be doing in the Air Force?

catlharper Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 7:41am
post #3 of 10

THANK YOU!!! I was able to find it immediately! I was just searching on the wrong phrase. He's going in to fly drones. Computer stuff.

Thanx SO much!

Cat

BJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJ Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 5:55pm
post #4 of 10

Cat,
Thank your nephew for us! He's doing a wonderful thing and we do appreciate his life choice. My nephew joined a year ago and is now stationed in Kuwait - he's a crew chief on the plains that re-fuel other plains while in flight. I tried the emblem too on his going away cake - didn't come out too good so i went with the patriotic them (flag, red/white/blue and an airforce jet on it). See it in my pix - just another idea for you.....
Again, thank you and thank him. Hugs. thumbs_up.gif

catlharper Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 6:56pm
post #5 of 10

I LOVED your cake...found it when I went looking for ideas and it is stunning!

I'm hoping I can make the emblem work well for his cake. We are so very proud of him. We are a Coast Guard family so he looked there first but his career is only available in the Air Force so he's going that way. He was concerned that his Uncles and Grandfather (who was a Marine) would be disappointed that he choice the AF but we assured him that we all couldn't be prouder of him!

BJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJ Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 7:16pm
post #6 of 10

Thank you.
Look at it this way - easier to make the AF emblem than a battle ship cake! haha Best of luck to you both and I wish him well.

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 1:20am
post #7 of 10

Go to www.firstimpressionsmolds.com they have molds for all the armed forces!!

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 1:27am
post #8 of 10

Please thank him for me! And anyone else who has a loved one in the service......thank them from my family!!!!!
We watched "The Hurt Locker" last week, and I just wanted to hug anyone/someone in the service..............they do SOOO much for us!!!!

catlharper Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 1:51am
post #9 of 10

Wow...I didn't know First Impressions existed (my husband is gonna wish I still didn't know it existed! LOL!) Can't wait to get some of those toys to play with!

And, yes, we are all so very proud of him. It's something he's been talking about for years so we are happy he made this decision now.

Cat

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 12:08pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanscakecreations

Please thank him for me! And anyone else who has a loved one in the service......thank them from my family!!!!!
We watched "The Hurt Locker" last week, and I just wanted to hug anyone/someone in the service..............they do SOOO much for us!!!!

GOOD MOVIE!!! One of the best I've seen so far!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%