Making A Colored Fondant

Decorating By chaisme Updated 11 Feb 2010 , 12:00am by idgalpal

chaisme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaisme Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 11:43pm
post #1 of 2

I just started making my own marshmallow fondant using one of the recipes I found on CC While buying mini-marshmallows I saw the multicolored minis and thought that would create a tan base color for my darker browns and blacks. Well it worked! It made almost a light flesh color, very exciting. So then I took it a step further and separated the mini-marshmallows into pink and orange, and yellow and green. I got a great pink fondant which is a great base to create true reds, and the yellow and green marshmallows made a nice light green fondant. The light green fondant will be a great starting point for those brighter teals and darker green colors. I hope this helps someone else, I've very excited about it, I'm sure it's written somewhere on this site(since so far I have found everything I could ever need here) but anyhow, sorry if I stepped on anyones toes for discovering this after them, but it's all good, and fun! Have a great day and message me if you have any questions.
I made everyone in the house try it, I say the flavor on all 3 colors is about the same, slightly fruity, I had someone else say it tastes kinda like Juicy Fruit gum, and someone else said Fruit Loops. I must say I think its very tasty.

1 reply
idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 12:00am
post #2 of 2

What a cool idea!!! Thanks for sharing~ I never even thought about doing that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%