Servings And Cake Pan ?'s

Decorating By TinkinpinkSteph Updated 9 Feb 2010 , 8:48pm by TinkinpinkSteph

TinkinpinkSteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TinkinpinkSteph Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 8:34pm
post #1 of 3

Hello all....as always when in doubt I always come running to CC lol...anyway I have my first paid order. She wants the cake below for her 3 yr old daughter and its for about 60 people. First question is do you think the cake in the pic will be enough for 60?I bought a 9x13 pan thinking it was half a sheet....boy was I wrong, can I still pull off the cake or should I invest in a half sheet pan? Can someone please explain how I build the cake? Any help is appreciated!!! icon_biggrin.gif
LL

2 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 8:40pm
post #2 of 3

A 9x13 pan is a quarter sheet. A 12x18 is a half sheet. You can bake 2 quarter sheet and place them long side to long side (use a bit of icing to "glue" them together) to make a half sheet.

As for how to do the cake, you will need to purchase the Deco Pac kit that is used and it will have instructions inside on how to put the cake together.

Just from looking at the picture, it looks like there are 2 smaller cakes stacked on top of the half sheet, perhaps an 8" square and a 4" square?

I'd say that cake serves 75 or more.

TinkinpinkSteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TinkinpinkSteph Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 8:48pm
post #3 of 3

Awesome I did purchase the kit online I just wasn't aware that is brought instructions lol...it should get here by the end of this week!! Now if I make a "3" out of gumpaste how far in advance should I make it so that its dry and from what Ive read here on CC is the best way to get the number to stand to put toothpicks while its still moldable?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%