Molding Cereal Receipe

Baking By nanasbestcakes Updated 25 Feb 2010 , 2:23am by nanasbestcakes

nanasbestcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanasbestcakes Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 2:42pm
post #1 of 7

Does anyone have a receipe for making molding cereal. I'm making a Sponge Bob cake and want to use it to make Patrick and Sponge Bob on the top. This is my first time posting, I hope I'm doing it right.

6 replies
ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 4:06pm
post #2 of 7

Good morning! I assume you are referring to Rice Krispie Treats, or RKT. The original recipe is here

http://www.ricekrispies.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=rice%2Bkrispie%2Btreat&utm_campaign=Brand#/recipes/the-original-treats

Most CC members seem to prefer it with no butter - just marshmallows and cereal. Some recipes call for more marshmallows than the above recipe, so try that if you don't like the consistency, but the original is the proportion that I use. I like to crush my rice cereal before mixing with the melted marshmallows so that it is a little smoother - just put the cereal in a zip-lock and use your rolling pin to crush or pulse in a food processor a couple of times.

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 9:48am
post #3 of 7

oooh! thankyou! been looking for this too! =)

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 9:49am
post #4 of 7

oooh! thankyou! been looking for this too! =)

nanasbestcakes Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 3:49pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks so much the recipe worked great. I did my first RKT Sponge Bob and Patrick for my grandson's Birthday. I am not a professional but thought it came out pretty good. I posted a picture of it. Would love if anyone could tell me how to improve.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 11:34pm
post #6 of 7

If it will be eaten, add some vanilla as well.
People around here love to fight over the RKT since I started adding it.

nanasbestcakes Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 2:23am
post #7 of 7

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to do a Hello Kitty cake for my Granddaughter in March. I will add the vanilla.
On Sponge Bob and Patrick I was afraid the RKT might be too bumpy so I took my grater and filed it smooth than painted them with chocolate followed with BC and fondant.
My grandchildren devoured them

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%