Chlorine Test Strips - Where To Buy

Business By PoodleDoodle Updated 9 Feb 2010 , 12:04am by pouchet82

PoodleDoodle Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 8:48pm
post #1 of 8

Where do you buy chlorine test strips?

7 replies
tootie0809 Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 8:56pm
post #2 of 8

You can buy them online. If you have a restaurant supply store nearby, they usually carry them too. Sometimes thy are referred to as sanitizer strips too.

surgery2 Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 11:34pm
post #3 of 8

just be careful, "sanitizer strips" are made for 2 different mediums, quat and chlorine. sounds like you need chlorine ones, I use a quat solution to sanitize, those strips are a little more readily available.

Evoir Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 11:47pm
post #4 of 8

'Scuse my ignorance, but what are these strips used for??

surgery2 Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 11:57pm
post #5 of 8

sanitizer solutions for a third sink, in a 3 compartment sink configuration.Required by most HD for sanitizing of equipment and utensils.

PoodleDoodle Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 11:59pm
post #6 of 8

The strips are used to test the strength of chlorine in water. In VA you are required to sanitize your baking pans, bowls, etc after washing. I have seen them online but the shipping is outrageous and the local resturant supply store has a high member fee.

Evoir Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 12:03am
post #7 of 8

OK, thanks!

pouchet82 Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 12:04am
post #8 of 8

Can you try a pet store? I have seen test strips to test various chemicals in water tere for fish tanks. If not, would a pool supply store have them? Not sure if they are the same strips you use to test chlorine levels in a pool?

Quote by @%username% on %date%