Help!! My Nfsc Didn't Turn Out!

Baking By Alynn Updated 11 Feb 2010 , 1:49am by prterrell

Alynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alynn Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 6:59pm
post #1 of 7

My dough was so crumbly that when I rolled it out the dough wouldn't stick together and my cut outs fell apart.
What did I do wrong?
HELP!!!
icon_cry.gif

6 replies
iamelms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamelms Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 7:17pm
post #2 of 7

maybe there was too much flour? Have you tried the tip that's at the bottom of that recipe? It's really helpful, and doesn't add any extra flour to the recipe.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 10:34pm
post #3 of 7

I had the same problem my first time trying out the recipe. Members here gave very helpful advice about the flour. Add flour slowly until you have the consistency you need to roll out the dough. Many times i find myself using less flour, and other times i'm needing the whole amount.

MerlotCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerlotCook Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 2:25am
post #4 of 7

Also, be sure your butter/margarine is at room temp...when I tried it the first time it was crumbly, but I was in a hurry and had used fridge temp butter- oops!

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 2:59am
post #5 of 7

I love the recipe.
I find that I have to hand knead in the last 1-2 cups of flour.
I knead until the dough is a smooth ball and there is nothing sticking to the side of my bowl. This often takes a few minutes.

I then roll out immediately between 2 sheets of parchment and refrigerate the cut outs before putting them in the oven.

HTH
Rae

Alynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alynn Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 9:50pm
post #6 of 7

Thank You Everyone for all of your Help! icon_biggrin.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 1:49am
post #7 of 7

If you are measuring flour volumetrically, make sure you scoop the flour into the measuring cup using a spoon or a scoop, do not dip it out with the measuring cup.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%