New Way To Transfer Design Onto Fondant

Decorating By kaseyrconnect Updated 7 Feb 2010 , 11:05pm by kaseyrconnect

kaseyrconnect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseyrconnect Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 6:26am
post #1 of 11

I am not really sure if this is new to everyone else but I just thought of it tonight. I was trying to figure out a way to get a design on fondant circles that I was going to put on cookies. I had a childs' placemat in front of me and Big Bird was on that so I put a piece of parchment over him and outlined him with a food marker pen and then I placed the parchment paper over the fondant and smoothed over it with my hand and the Big Bird transfered perfectly. It was like an edible tatoo. Just wanted to share this.

10 replies
jonahsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonahsmom Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 2:26pm
post #2 of 11

That's funny because my husband was just asking if this was possible a day or two ago!!! I told him I didn't think it was, but didn't bother to try. Here I am waiting for wafer paper so I can do people popping out of a cake and I have everything I need right here. I must give this a try!

Thanks!

suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 2:52pm
post #3 of 11

Awesome idea. Thanks for sharing.

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 3:39pm
post #4 of 11

Great idea....thanks for passing it along!

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 4:43pm
post #5 of 11

I have a Boy Scout logo to put on a bc cake.. hummm.. bet it would work on crusting bc too. =)

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 5:07pm
post #6 of 11

Did you have to do it in reverse so the picture would be right side up?

mvucic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvucic Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 5:11pm
post #7 of 11

This sounds similar to the technique Wilton uses in their 1st course, where you transfer an image using tinted piping gel... but MUCH easier! Thanks for sharing!

kaseyrconnect Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 10:13pm
post #8 of 11

msulli 10, after I did it the first time and the design was still on the parchment paper, then I went over it from the back and I had a reverse Big Bird. So that would sure work. I am just so happy to finally feel like I have contributed something to all the people that I have learned so much from.

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 10:34pm
post #9 of 11

This is a great idea. I can't wait for the opportunity to try it.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 10:47pm
post #10 of 11

Well it sounds like a wonderful idea, but how do you get around the reversing the image issue?

kaseyrconnect Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 11:05pm
post #11 of 11

The image shows through the parchment paper, so whatever you use to trace your image in the first place, you can just flip the parchment over and trace that with the food marker. Or if you are using an image you got off the internet, you could just print that out in "mirror image". HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%