First Impression Bead Mold Instructions?

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 6 Feb 2010 , 4:37pm by Kiddiekakes

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 3:02pm
post #1 of 5

Hi Alan,

I just bought a first impression bead mold and it came with no instructions although I have some sort of idea what to do..Is there a downlaod on GSA for their bead molds?

Laurel thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
DreamMaker2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DreamMaker2 Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 3:21pm
post #2 of 5

Hi Laurel,
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but there's a tutorial in Edna De la Cruz's DesignMeACake website: http://www.designmeacake.com/id41.html

Hope this helps!
Cheley

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 3:22pm
post #3 of 5

I haven't seen any instructions or tutorials on this one but I'll share with you how I use mine. I have the 6, 8 and 10mm bead mold and I make a long sausage out of fondant just slightly larger than the mold cavity I'm using. Place the sausage into the cavity and push it down so that the sausage conforms to the bead form. Take a palette knife and scrape off any excess fondant from the top of the mold so you have a nice flat surface. You can put the mold in the freezer for about 5-10 minutes to help it firm up. Then take it out of the freezer and open the cavity slightly and turn it upside down and the beads should come out. You may need to give them just a slight flick with your finger to get them started out of the mold but they should come out. HTH.

crazyladybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazyladybaker Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 3:37pm
post #4 of 5

Cheley sent you exactly where I was going to.. icon_biggrin.gif
Edna has a great video on this!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 4:37pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks..Everyone..I am going to check out Edna's video!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%