Ideas On How I Can Generate Business Through My Facebook?

Lounge By Brockie Updated 10 Feb 2010 , 7:58pm by masturbaker

Brockie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brockie Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 10:02pm
post #1 of 4

I have a FB account and I added a album to my facebook showing my cakes. Do I need to register another account for my cake business?

And what are some things I can do to get some local business through FB; I read that many of you have gotten alot of business through FB. Please guide me through the right path, so I can also get some business.

Thanks in advance.

3 replies
pinksugarmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinksugarmama Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 1:00am
post #2 of 4

you can start a group or a page to showcase your work.

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 1:41pm
post #3 of 4

Welcome to CC Brockie.

I'm interested in the responses you get to your question, too. I have a fb "fan" page, and get only minimal activity...maybe we'll get some great answers, and will be so busy that by this fall we can't keep up! thumbs_up.gif

Kathy

masturbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
masturbaker Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 7:58pm
post #4 of 4

Brockie,

we're in the same boat! Ok, first you need to start a "business page" aka a fan page. you do this by going to facebook home.. not your profile, but the home page with the news feed. on the left side you'll see "Ads and Pages" click on that..

then at the top left, go to "create page"... if you have a business, name the page the name of your business.. or whatever name you want. ad your cake pictures to a photo album on this page..

after you've created the page, put your info... then go to "view page".. then in the upper left corner below your profile picture, go to "suggest to friends"

then you can go through your friends list and invite whoever you want to become "fans" of your cake page. from your cake page you can post any new cakes that you're doing, post new pics, whatever. Don't post too much though because if people are getting posts 5 times a day from "brockie's cakes" they might just delete your posts.

also, after your friends become fans of your biz page... ask them (those who have seen or eaten your cakes anyway) to go to your biz page and write a review. also, you can ask your inidividual fans to invite their friends to become fans of your biz page.

does this make sense? if you have any questions.. just ask me.

also, here on CC go to search and search facebook topic title only. there are a lot of great posts on here about what people are doing on facebook.

good luck! J

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%