Cookies For Bake Sale

Baking By michelle2898 Updated 6 Feb 2010 , 6:11pm by michelle2898

michelle2898 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michelle2898 Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 2:28pm
post #1 of 7

my daughter's school is having a bingo night, and they are having a bake sale, would love to make some cookies or cup cakes, and put bingo on them some how, other than just piping the word bingo, any ideas pretty please??

6 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 2:50pm
post #2 of 7

coloured icing - fondant is faster, royal is maybe cheaper? rolled bc if you use it? - with black - again fondant or ri, or indeed bc - numbers on it.
for bake sales, its all about keeping it as cheap and simple as possible.
xx

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 6:43pm
post #3 of 7

They might be a bit time consuming, but I've done bingo card cookies (they're in my photos). They're the actual size of a bingo card, so they aren't small! But the response to them is usually pretty good. I don't think you'd have a problem selling them.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 7:54pm
post #4 of 7

what about cookies or cupcakes that look like the bingo balls? I bet you cold make a lot of those for the bake sale...

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 8:06pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonniebakes

what about cookies or cupcakes that look like the bingo balls? I bet you cold make a lot of those for the bake sale...

Yep - that was my first thought. You could put the bingo numbers on them....B4, O72, N34, etc.

CookieMakinMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMakinMomma Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 2:03am
post #6 of 7

Here are some bingo themed cookies I did for my Grandmother-in-law's birthday. I threw them together semi-last minute so they turned out rather sloppy icon_redface.gif but maybe they will help give you somewhere to start. I used a glace style icing then drew on them with foodwriter markers.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1425279

michelle2898 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michelle2898 Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 6:11pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you every one for your wonderful advice xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%