Can I Do This With Royal And Gum Paste??????? Urgent!!

Decorating By 2swtnsxy4u Updated 5 Feb 2010 , 2:41pm by sherrycanary62

2swtnsxy4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2swtnsxy4u Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 10:41pm
post #1 of 4

I have a cake to make and I am using the decorator's prefered white 16" base as the cake board. Although i wish to have the base turned to green... Thinking how I can achieve this?

I am baking an round cake and then using gumpaste to mold petals to lay around the round cake, so overall it will look like a flower.

The only way I can think to get my cake base to go green and not have to paint it (as paint isnt too food friendly :S) is to tint royal icing green and pour a thin layer over the decorators preferd base, lt dry completly and then continue with my cake plans.. BUT THE ONLY thing IM AFRAID OF, is when i have my white petals attached to the cake, lying on the royal icing green base, will the green bleed through onto my white petals??????

If anyone has any ideas PLEASE let me know
THANKS

3 replies
ZoesMum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZoesMum Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 10:54pm
post #2 of 4

Could you cover it in green fondant??

sylly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sylly Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 3:41am
post #3 of 4

I would cover it in fondant- less risk of things going wrong.

sherrycanary62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherrycanary62 Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 2:41pm
post #4 of 4

I would also consider making the leaves out of fondant (with a bit of gum tex added). I made a doll cake and the dress was leafy looking, I made it out of gum paste...when we cut the cake the gum paste basically shattered. Gum paste dries too hard. just a thought.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%