Help! Luncheon For 150!!!!

Lounge By prterrell Updated 5 Feb 2010 , 6:06am by prterrell

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 1:42am
post #1 of 7

Need more help planning this community luncheon for 150 people!

Here are my proposed portions for each item, please let me know if you think it's right/too much/too little. Oh, and they're only paying $5/person!

Thanks!

each plate will have either
tuna salad - 1/2 c
chicken salad - 1/2 c

each plate will have all of the following
pasta salad - 1 c
coleslaw - 1/2 c
gelatin salad (fruit cocktail in Jell-O) 3"x3"x1" square

Was thinking of serving cottage cheese (1/3 c) with a pineapple ring, but am not sure now. Should I just leave that out or sub a piece of cheese (either cheddar or a mini Babybel)?

Had thought of serving 3 bean and pickled beet salad (1/2 c) as well, but decided that there was plenty without. Or should I include?

Crackers (in baskets on table): does budgeting 9 crackers/person sound about right?

Plates will also have lettuce (under the tuna/chicken salad, gelatin salad, and cottage cheese if included), a slice of tomato, and 3 slices of cucumber.

(Dessert is mini cupcakes)

Drinks: 30 gallons sweet tea, 10 gallons unsweetened tea (12 oz/person + some refills)

Ice: 5 bags

6 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 2:20am
post #2 of 7

I think your menu sounds great. Will you serve a finger or dinner type roll with it or just the crackers? That's the only thing I'd be looking for since I'm a bread lover. icon_biggrin.gif

prterrell Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 2:41am
post #3 of 7

Just the crackers.

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 5:15am
post #4 of 7

Food is such a regional thing...do most people actually eat cottage cheese on a pineapple ring?

And 9 crackers sounds like a lot! I guess it also depends on what type of cracker, but I think I usually am given 1 or 2 small packages of Captain's wafer crackers. I think that is 4 small crackers? And I rarely eat all of that, often don't eat it at all.

But maybe I'm not understanding what kind of crackers, or how they are eaten?

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 1:41pm
post #5 of 7

If I were an attendee, I'd probably put the chicken or tuna salad ON the cracker.

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 2:10pm
post #6 of 7

I would skip or substitute either the pasta salad or cole slaw. Seems like a lot of mayo-based food on the same plate.

I vote the cheese over the pineapple.
And I think you can skip the beet salad.

What about a crescent roll on every one's plate instead of crackers?

Just my two cents icon_smile.gif

prterrell Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 6:06am
post #7 of 7

icon_confused.gif Pasta salad is not mayo-based, it has Italian dressing. Maybe you're thinking of macaroni salad? Not the same thing. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%