Rice/wafer Paper

Decorating By aliciam Updated 3 Feb 2010 , 4:34pm by aliciam

aliciam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciam Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 12:04pm
post #1 of 4

Hello fellow bakers icon_smile.gif

I was wondering if any of you have used rice/wafer paper on a buttercream cake?
The reason I ask is because I have a small buttercream cake I have to make and I will be putting rice paper on it with an image.I would like to do it a day ahead and possibly even freeze it but am worried with the rice paper having a lot of color on it and the condensation once I take the cake out of the freezer the cake and image be be ruined. Have either of you ever tried this before. Is it reccommended ? Or should I just do it the day of? I would love any feedback. Thanks to everyone and happy baking icon_smile.gif

3 replies
ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 12:27pm
post #2 of 4

Don't freeze it. The moister will make a big mess. I would do it the day of or use frosting sheets instead. The rice paper may curl up and get yucky on you. Make sure your cake is crusted before you put it on the cake. A little bit of corn syrup brushed on the image will help it stick without getting to wet.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 12:31pm
post #3 of 4

I have never wrapped a BC cake in Rice paper - but i have wrapped many a Fruit Cake in it (last christmas orders)

It was all new to me and after trial and error - i suggest you wrap on the day - that way it will stay looking fresh and neat.

As ttehan4 mentioned - don't freeze it for the added moisture will not treat it kindly.

Bluehue.

aliciam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciam Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 4:34pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you for the adviceicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%