3D Thomas The Train Rosie Cake Help

Decorating By JANICAKES Updated 2 Feb 2010 , 5:04am by mommyle

JANICAKES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JANICAKES Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 4:01am
post #1 of 4

I am new to this site and am hoping that someone can help me design a 3d Thomas the Train series cake. I am trying to create the character, "Rosie"

Any ideas where to start??
Has anyone done this before?

3 replies
mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 4:27am
post #2 of 4

Hi there. Welcome to CC!!!

So, there are a lot of ways to carve a cake and then make it look like Rosie. You can follow Elise Strauss' way, and bake 2 9x13 cakes that are 1" tall and carve from there. Or you could buy the Stand Up 3-D train from Wilton (at your local hobby store) and just work with that. Or you could make a "scenery" cake, and build a cake that spirals up and decorate it like a mountain and put the "Rosie" train on that. If you are looking for good "Thomas" cakes, I suggest that you "search" here, and then contact the person whose train you like the best for some more concrete help.

Good luck!

ncox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncox Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 4:43am
post #3 of 4

Try this site. I am sure you could adapt it to look like Rosie. Good Luck!

http://thomasthetankenginecake.blogspot.com/

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 5:04am
post #4 of 4

Wow!!!! What a great tutorial!!!! I will, at this point, say that if you use the Wilton fondant you will wish that you hadn't. I would recomend (that I get spelling lessons) that you use the Wilton Gum Paste (or Fondant) for ONLY the face, and either make your own fondant for the body, or buy a good fondant that tastes yummy. Wilton does NOT make a tasty fondant!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%