Lime Green Bc

Decorating By Bastian Updated 3 Feb 2010 , 1:57am by cookiemama2

Bastian Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 10:44pm
post #1 of 13

Does anyone know what specific Wilton colors I should mix to get a lime green(almost neon) BC? And yes, I tried ordering this specific color of airbrush coloring but needless to say, it didn't happen after dealing with a very unprofessional company. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

12 replies
Evoir Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 10:53pm
post #2 of 13

I used Electric Green gel by AMERICOLOR for my "Number 2 Train Cake" border...

HTH

NB - note the edit above, I wrote Wilton by mistake before - sorry!

If you only have Wilton, use one part green to 2-3 parts yellow, but you may need to experiement a bit!

mandirombold Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 10:53pm
post #3 of 13

I have done a pretty bright green with lemon yellow and a hint of green. I don't know if i would call it neon but u could give it a try.

Renaejrk Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 10:55pm
post #4 of 13

Are you wanting to know Wilton colors because that's what you have? If not - I would go with Americolor - they have an electric green and a few others that make nice lime greens, depending on the specific shade you want. Electric may be what you are looking for.

millermom Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 11:11pm
post #5 of 13

I used Americolor Electric green for the green/purple sweet 16 cake in my photos icon_smile.gif

Bastian Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 4:47pm
post #6 of 13

Yes, I only have Wilton colors to use. Our local cake decorating store, Hobby Lobby, only carries Wilton and I do not have time to order anything else on line. Thank you all so much for your help. I'm going to attempt it with leaf green and lemon yellow : )

jewels710 Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 5:58pm
post #7 of 13

Do you know in the regular cake mix/baking isle in the grocery store where you would buy the "Old Fashioned" liquid drops of food coloring...usually comes in a lil box with Red, Yellow, Blue, Green colors...

My groc store has a package that sells four neon colors in a box.
They are VERY bright.
Bought them once before I discovered Americolor.
Can't remember if Lime Green was one of the colors though...anyhow, might be another option for you.

Americolor rocks though!!!

jammjenks Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 6:06pm
post #8 of 13

Start with yellow and add a touch of leaf green. That's what I did for the green on this cake:
LL

icer101 Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 6:09pm
post #9 of 13

bastian.. i would mix exactly what you say you are. leaf green and yellow. go lite with it .. in wbh book.. she is showing more yellow...less green.. hth

millermom Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 6:09pm
post #10 of 13

So cute jammjenks! Are those fondant accents or BC? icon_confused.gif

jammjenks Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 1:07am
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by millermom

So cute jammjenks! Are those fondant accents or BC? icon_confused.gif

Thanks millermom. The cake is all bc except for the bow on top.

Donnabugg Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 1:32am
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels710

Do you know in the regular cake mix/baking isle in the grocery store where you would buy the "Old Fashioned" liquid drops of food coloring...usually comes in a lil box with Red, Yellow, Blue, Green colors...

They are VERY bright.
Can't remember if Lime Green was one of the colors though...anyhow, might be another option for you.

I've also had to use store-bought lime green neon food coloring in a pinch..worked well. I will soon be investing in some Americolor electric colors...

cookiemama2 Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 1:57am
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnabugg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels710

They are VERY bright.

I've also had to use store-bought lime green neon food coloring in a pinch..worked well. I will soon be investing in some Americolor electric colors...

I think the brand is Club House. I like their neon colors!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%